Topics

Repeater reminder/forecast update

Mark Conner <n9xtn@...>

The Manhattan Area Amateur Radio Society (MAARS) has welcomed us
to use their 147.255+ repeater while we're there. It should be
quite suitable for talk-in and so forth during our stay.

Today's wind profile forecast has not changed much above 20,000
ft, but is lighter out of the south below that. I think that may
be the biggest variable for us in the forecast (at least as long
as the next upper-level low stays far enough west). The
prediction today is 354 degrees at 13 miles, which from Herington
is 8 miles south of Junction City and in a good area. From the
Manhattan site, the landing would be in a small area between Ft
Riley and Tuttle Creek Lake.

73 de Mark N9XTN