Recovery

L. Paul Verhage KD4STH

Just recovered the Idaho flight south of Boise. Landed in desert scrub. The smell of sage is strong out here.

On Wed, Jul 8, 2020, 10:17 AM Mark Conner N9XTN <mconner1@...> wrote:
PresenterSubjectTimeStart CDTEnd CDT
Pre-symposium Zoom testing308:309:00
Intro159:009:15
Jayant MurthyExperience in scientific ballooning in India459:1510:00
Steve Randall G8KHWARHAB in the UK4510:0010:45
Break1510:4511:00
Paul Verhage KD4STHSilicon radiation detectors3011:0011:30
Joanne Michael KM6BWBCross-country balloon race4511:3012:15
Lunch4512:1513:00
Bill Brown WB8ELKPico Ballooning Techniques & Hardware4513:0013:45
Jeff Ducklow N0NQNDe-spun camera platform using Arduino4513:4514:30
Mark Patton KC0DADS-B payload for EOSS3014:3015:00
Break1515:0015:15
Mark Conner N9XTNNWS radiosonde chasing3015:1515:45
Mike Hojnowski KD2EATLivestreaming video from balloon3015:4516:15
Wrap-up1016:1516:25

There is a minor revision to the afternoon portion of the schedule.

The Zoom URL will go out to registered participants tomorrow around noon CDT.  There's still time to register at https://superlaunch.org.  We will send the links off-list to the email address you provided at registration.  I will send a notice to the list when they've gone out.

73 de Mark N9XTN

Michael

Louise and I launched a SkyTracker and SBS-13 to get a circumnavigation on the books. Unfortunately the sealer recommended is not available and I used what I thought was an equivalent (same specs). It was not equivalent though, and burned a small line in the balloon rather than the wide seal that should have resulted. So SkyTracker and SBS-13 are headed back down already.

Space is hard. :)

-- Michael K5NOT
Michael Willett
Mobile: 214-578-2400