Topics

QST Article, first draft

paul.verhage@...

Here's the first draft of the GPSL article for QST. Please look it
over for technical or historical errors or omissions. I still plan to
work on grammar, but if you see any glaring errors, please point
those out also.

I'll start putting something together for ATV Quarterly unless I hear
someone else is doing that.

Paul

Doug Eubanks <ka0o@...>

Paul,

You only list 9 states represented in your article.  There were actually 11 states.
Your forgot Alabama, WB8ELK, Bill Brown territory, and,
Missouri, home territory to KD0FW, Mike Bogard.

Also, my last name has an "s" on it.  EUBANKS

(Gee this is fun correcting a school teacher!)

Doug, KAØO

Here's the first draft of the GPSL article for QST.  Please look it
over for technical or historical errors or omissions.  I still plan to
work on grammar, but if you see any glaring errors, please point
those out also.

I'll start putting something together for ATV Quarterly unless I hear
someone else is doing that.

Paul

If you are using Pegasus Mail, or any another MIME-compliant system,

I don't see Project Traveler listed in the groups - 3rd paragraph.

paul.verhage@... wrote:

Here's the first draft of the GPSL article for QST. Please look it
over for technical or historical errors or omissions. I still plan to
work on grammar, but if you see any glaring errors, please point
those out also.

I'll start putting something together for ATV Quarterly unless I hear
someone else is doing that.

Paul

Don Pfister <ka0jlf@...>

Spelling error (should be "to") just after Zack's name - about the burst balloon
replacement. Zack is with Project Traveler.

paul.verhage@... wrote:

Here's the first draft of the GPSL article for QST. Please look it
over for technical or historical errors or omissions. I still plan to
work on grammar, but if you see any glaring errors, please point
those out also.

I'll start putting something together for ATV Quarterly unless I hear
someone else is doing that.

Paul

Don Pfister <ka0jlf@...>

Just a side note but two HABITAT SkyLab vehicles returned to the airport to also carry
helium tanks.

paul.verhage@... wrote:

Here's the first draft of the GPSL article for QST. Please look it
over for technical or historical errors or omissions. I still plan to
work on grammar, but if you see any glaring errors, please point
those out also.

I'll start putting something together for ATV Quarterly unless I hear
someone else is doing that.

Paul

Don Pfister <ka0jlf@...>

Nice article! I'm not sure but I think I almost had as many miles - going to and from
Manhattan/Herington/Home - as you did from Idaho. ;-)

paul.verhage@... wrote:

Here's the first draft of the GPSL article for QST. Please look it
over for technical or historical errors or omissions. I still plan to
work on grammar, but if you see any glaring errors, please point
those out also.

I'll start putting something together for ATV Quarterly unless I hear
someone else is doing that.

Paul

Don Pfister <ka0jlf@...>

Paul, I'm not sure this fits with your idea, where you list the groups and their
balloons, what about adding another column and listing the altitudes? I think I saw a
chart of altitudes early after the flights. Just a thought.

Web sites of interest, did you want to include EOSS?

Just as a point of interest (maybe just of interest to me), my 6M simplex repeater
capsule is the same one that flew in GPSL 2001. It was the same equipment, capsule -
even the batteries I think. ;-) Those that remember, last year, will know this is one
of capsules that were in a free fall for several thousand feet, when the capsules
separated from the parachute. Other than a scratch on the front of the simplex
repeater, there was no damage to this equipment.

Did you purposely leave out callsigns? Just a question.

Don

Michael L. Bogard <kd0fw@...>

You might want to thank your mother rather than take her. I will get my pictures posted at http://www.qsl.net/kd0fw If you are going to list any. 73's see and see you next year. Mike kd0fw