Topics

Proposed increase in fees for ham Radio licenses.

Tim C KC8ZNJ

Please read and fill this out if you object.

https://hamradioprep.com/fcc/

In August, the FCC issued a Notice of Proposed Rulemaking in Docket 20-270 that would create a new fee of $50 for ham radio licenses, as well as additional charges of $50 to have a paper copy of your license mailed and $50 for a vanity call sign. This would be $150 of new fees for hams, at a time when money is tighter than ever.

We can't stand for this. The ham radio hobby should be accessible for everyone, and it is an important entry point into STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) for Americans. We should be getting more ham radio operators certified and licensed, not less.

Join us in opposing this by clicking the link below to leave a comment with the FCC!

Click to Oppose the new FCC Fees!

Thanks,
The Ham Radio Prep Team