Topics

Presentations from GPSL 2018

goldsmith@...

Will anyone be posting the PowerPoint presentations from the conference?  Those of us who could not attend would love to see them.

Chuck / KG5CA
StratoCasters

L. Paul Verhage KD4STH

I will make a note to copy them off the PC. Then I need to find a place to post them online.

On Sun, Jun 17, 2018, 9:57 PM <goldsmith@...> wrote:
Will anyone be posting the PowerPoint presentations from the conference?  Those of us who could not attend would love to see them.

Chuck / KG5CA
StratoCasters

L. Paul Verhage KD4STH

I have the copies. I just need to find a place to post them.

On Sun, Jun 17, 2018, 10:09 PM L. Paul Verhage KD4STH <nearsys@...> wrote:
I will make a note to copy them off the PC. Then I need to find a place to post them online.

On Sun, Jun 17, 2018, 9:57 PM <goldsmith@...> wrote:
Will anyone be posting the PowerPoint presentations from the conference?  Those of us who could not attend would love to see them.

Chuck / KG5CA
StratoCasters

Hank Riley

I would think the GPSL files section would be a sensible place.

A very quick look with Google did not come up with an official limit on either individual or total megabyte limits, but in another groups.io I quickly found a 9 megabyte file.  The total bytes used at that groups.io was already up to 125 megabytes.

I'll try uploading 25 and 50 megabyte test files to one of my groups.io file sections and see if that's accepted.  Powerpoints can exceed that size with many included (excessively) hi-res photos, but that could be a start to knowing the limits for groups.io.

Paul, what is the largest powerpoint you have in the set?

<nearsys@...> wrote:

I have the copies. I just need to find a place to post them.

Hank Riley

20 Meg file accepted no problem.  Doing a 100 MB file now but with my garden variety DSL speed it could take 30 minutes or more.  At least Groups.io did not complain and is in progress now.

Note that there is no progress bar on the Groups.io upload page, so it may look as if there is a lockup but it will only report success when the whole file has been finished.  Also ISP download and upload speeds are typically not identical, and uploading is never faster and usually slower, often much slower.

Groups.io will likely be able to accept these powerpoints.

Hank Riley

I changed to a 75 MB file as a test upload and it was accepted by Groups.io nicely in an elapsed time of 27 minutes, roughly half my DSL download speed.

So GPSL should be able to accommodate the powerpoints.