Topics

Pico balloon race from West Coast to East Coast today

Bill Brown

This could be a good test of our planned live streaming of GPSL launches. Four Pico balloons using APRS Skytrackers on 36-inch mylar foil balloons will lift off from CA and Oregon this morning live-streamed on YouTube. Weather permitting I may join them as they fly past here for an extended race across the Atlantic and KM4BUN and KM4ZIA in Atlanta may also join the race across the Atlantic.

- Bill WB8ELK

Iverson, Mark A

Bill,

Where can I get a couple of your Skytrackers? I have always wanted to do a Pico balloon!

Thanks!
Mark

On Jun 1, 2020, at 9:44 AM, Bill Brown via groups.io <wb8elk@...> wrote:

This could be a good test of our planned live streaming of GPSL launches. Four Pico balloons using APRS Skytrackers on 36-inch mylar foil balloons will lift off from CA and Oregon this morning live-streamed on YouTube. Weather permitting I may join them as they fly past here for an extended race across the Atlantic and KM4BUN and KM4ZIA in Atlanta may also join the race across the Atlantic.

Mark,

  Email me at  wb8elk   at   Gmail and I'll send you ordering info.