Topics

NSTAR 18-A, finally

Mark Conner N9XTN

Hoping to fly NSTAR 18-A this Sunday at 0900 CT (1400 UTC).  Launch site is going to be dependent on last-minute forecasts - the surface and upper winds are forecast to be very light, except above 70,000' or so, so our burst altitude uncertainty is the biggest factor in our landing zone.  We could come down almost any direction in a 10-12 mile radius from launch.

If possible I'd like to launch from my home in Valley NE, but the terrain along (and in) the Platte River is not favorable for recoveries due to trees and difficult access, and a short flight gives us a good chance of coming down in that area.  More than likely we will move the launch site to Kennard NE, which gives us a pretty good area all around to work with.

APRS will be on 144.36 MHz with call N9XTN-11 and 144.39 with N9XTN-12.  I will try to do a live Periscope on Twitter (@N9XTN) for our recovery.

Good luck on the flight.

On May 23, 2018 1:58 PM, "Mark Conner N9XTN" <mconner1@...> wrote:
[...]

73 de Mark N9XTN