Topics

Monday update

Mark Conner <n9xtn@...>

The landing forecast is becoming somewhat more favorable for a
Herington launch. Using last night's MRF winds and replacing the
forecast above 60,000 ft with real winds from Topeka, I get a landing
of 323 degrees at 15 miles. This is about 8 miles south of exit 286 on
I-80 and 15 miles SW of Junction City.

Again, this is with a burst of 95,000 ft. Using 75,000 ft for a burst
altitude moves the landing to due north at 12 miles.

Don KA0JLF is working on a contact at the Herington airport. Hope to
hear soon on whether we can use it.

- Mark

Wind data below:

2749,179,17
5161,193,17
10548,189,11
19482,193,7
25118,206,7
32005,230,3
36135,262,6
40968,271,7
46860,276,7
54797,59,3
61679,95,15
65141,76,13
68536,100,17
71167,91,19
79133,95,25
83008,97,23
87762,90,19
91210,82,23
93907,85,24
98795,90,24
102821,95,25
104445,95,25
107562,95,25

Don Pfister <ka0jlf@...>

I left a voice mail, will keep trying.

Thanks for the 75,000 prediction. I will be flying a 600/300 gram so that is
about as high as I expect to get, maybe a little higher if all goes well.

Don