From: L. Paul Verhage KD4STH <nearsys@...>
To: GPSL@groups.io
Sent: Mon, May 18, 2020 11:44 pm
Subject: [GPSL] Mike Moody is a Silent Key

Mike hosted GPSL 2015.

I got word that he passed away and I have included the link to his obituary. He was a nice guy and I enjoyed flying with him. One of our balloons made over 124,000 feet.

L. Paul Verhage KD4STH

I was thinking I would launch a balloon in his memory after Covid-19 is less of a problem.

On Mon, May 18, 2020, 10:50 PM Bill Brown via groups.io <wb8elk=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi Paul,

  I'm so sorry to hear that news about Mike. I always enjoyed talking with him and the 2015 GPSL was a great event.

I got word that he passed away and I have included the link to his obituary. He was a nice guy and I enjoyed flying with him. One of our balloons made over 124,000 feet.

Garrett, Mark

Wow.  Such a shock to lose Mike so soon.  Enjoyed the GPSL he hosted and will miss him at future balloon events.
My thoughts are with Mike's family and friends.

Mark KA9SZX

--
Mark Garrett
Chief Engineer

Jeff Ducklow

GPSL 2015 that Mike helped organize was a wonderful event.   It was my first (and so far only) GPSL event and Mike was very kind to me and made me feel very welcome to be included in the group.  I’m very sorry to hear of his passing.  God’s comfort to all who grieve his passing.

Jeff Ducklow
MerryBerry Galatic
N0NQN

On May 18, 2020, at 11:44 PM, L. Paul Verhage KD4STH <nearsys@...> wrote:

Mike hosted GPSL 2015.

I got word that he passed away and I have included the link to his obituary. He was a nice guy and I enjoyed flying with him. One of our balloons made over 124,000 feet.

Hank Riley

If someone could post a few pictures of Mike, or provide a website link pointing to pictures, that would be nice.

Jerry

Not great pictures but here are a few with Mike in them from past GPSLs

Jerry Gable
Balloon Flight Prediction tools
http://www.s3research.com