Topics

Lynqme?

Larry

Does anyone know anything about this or have any experience with it?

 Larry   KJ6PBS

Garrett, Mark

Interesting device.  Might be worth the experiment if it does not shut down if it gets above say 60 K like some other GPS devices.  It would also be interesting to know its frequencies of operation and how it behaves if you get behind some terrain or down in a corn field.

--
Mark Garrett, KA9SZX
Tri States Public Radio

Joe WB9SBD

In the video it talks about only a 3 mile range of coverage.

Joe WB9SBD

The Original Rolling Ball Clock
Idle Tyme
Idle-Tyme.com
http://www.idle-tyme.com

On 7/19/2019 11:13 AM, Garrett, Mark wrote:
Interesting device.  Might be worth the experiment if it does not shut down if it gets above say 60 K like some other GPS devices.  It would also be interesting to know its frequencies of operation and how it behaves if you get behind some terrain or down in a corn field.

On Fri, Jul 19, 2019 at 10:15 AM Larry <larry.phegley@...> wrote:
Does anyone know anything about this or have any experience with it?

 Larry   KJ6PBS

--
Mark Garrett, KA9SZX
Tri States Public Radio

Michael

Interesting. Works up to 3 miles, so I’d bet it is a GPS married to a LORA RF chipset with a small processor to send and listen for a unique ID packet with coordinates.

--Michael Willett

On Jul 19, 2019, at 11:13 AM, Garrett, Mark <ma-garrett@...> wrote:

Interesting device.  Might be worth the experiment if it does not shut down if it gets above say 60 K like some other GPS devices.  It would also be interesting to know its frequencies of operation and how it behaves if you get behind some terrain or down in a corn field.

On Fri, Jul 19, 2019 at 10:15 AM Larry <larry.phegley@...> wrote:
Does anyone know anything about this or have any experience with it?

 Larry   KJ6PBS

--
Mark Garrett, KA9SZX
Tri States Public Radio

Garrett, Mark

Joe:

I did a search on the device and couldn't find what frequencies it uses.  Will have to go into the FCC site and search for it there.  Three miles is probably tops line of sight to the other device.

On Fri, Jul 19, 2019 at 11:30 AM Joe WB9SBD <nss@...> wrote:
[...]

WIUM Macomb, IL
WIUW Warsaw, IL
WVKC Galesburg, IL
K292GR Burlington, IA
Office (309) 298-1104
Cell    (309) 255-6987
Fax    (309) 298-2133

Mark Conner N9XTN

If it's physically hackable, you could conceivably attach a gain
antenna onto the ground half of the system and improve the range.

On Fri, Jul 19, 2019 at 12:10 PM Michael <mw@...> wrote:

Interesting. Works up to 3 miles, so I’d bet it is a GPS married to a LORA RF chipset with a small processor to send and listen for a unique ID packet with coordinates.

--Michael Willett

On Jul 19, 2019, at 11:13 AM, Garrett, Mark <ma-garrett@...> wrote:

Interesting device. Might be worth the experiment if it does not shut down if it gets above say 60 K like some other GPS devices. It would also be interesting to know its frequencies of operation and how it behaves if you get behind some terrain or down in a corn field.

On Fri, Jul 19, 2019 at 10:15 AM Larry <larry.phegley@...> wrote:

Does anyone know anything about this or have any experience with it?

https://lynqme.com/

Larry KJ6PBS

--
Mark Garrett, KA9SZX
Tri States Public Radio

Joe WB9SBD

Or like milliwatts of TX power.

On 7/19/2019 12:55 PM, Garrett, Mark wrote:
[...]

Clif Brown

I ordered three of these off of Idegogo just over a year ago thinking they might be of use in HAB recovery.

I think originally they were promised in January, now they're quoting August.

This is usually a bad sign, but when (if?) I get them, I'll post a report here.

-Cliff
KW4CL