Looking for groups that plan to launch at GPSL 2020

Mark Conner N9XTN

I would like to assemble a list of those who are planning to launch a balloon at this year's GPSL in Omaha if we can have an in-person event.  My concern at the moment is that even if we are able to have an in-person GPSL this year, so many may have work or financial impacts that we don't have a sufficient group to make it worthwhile.

If you or your group are planning to attend GPSL this year and fly a balloon, please send your email address (one person per group that's flying) to n9xtn@....

Also, if your group is a regular attendee and you know for sure you will *not* be coming if we have an in-person event, I'd like to know that also.

73 de Mark N9XTN
GPSL 2020 coordinator

Zack Clobes W0ZC

Unable to attend in person.  Probably remote.

Zack Clobes, W0ZC
Project: Traveler
www.projecttraveler.org

Join us on Facebook for the latest information:

Project: Traveler is a research project of Custom Digital Services, LLC.

On Tue, Apr 28, 2020 at 4:48 PM Mark Conner N9XTN <mconner1@...> wrote:
I would like to assemble a list of those who are planning to launch a balloon at this year's GPSL in Omaha if we can have an in-person event.  My concern at the moment is that even if we are able to have an in-person GPSL this year, so many may have work or financial impacts that we don't have a sufficient group to make it worthwhile.

If you or your group are planning to attend GPSL this year and fly a balloon, please send your email address (one person per group that's flying) to n9xtn@....

Also, if your group is a regular attendee and you know for sure you will *not* be coming if we have an in-person event, I'd like to know that also.

73 de Mark N9XTN
GPSL 2020 coordinator

L. Paul Verhage KD4STH

I plan to attend in person if it is possible.

On Tue, Apr 28, 2020, 3:48 PM Mark Conner N9XTN <mconner1@...> wrote:
I would like to assemble a list of those who are planning to launch a balloon at this year's GPSL in Omaha if we can have an in-person event.  My concern at the moment is that even if we are able to have an in-person GPSL this year, so many may have work or financial impacts that we don't have a sufficient group to make it worthwhile.

If you or your group are planning to attend GPSL this year and fly a balloon, please send your email address (one person per group that's flying) to n9xtn@....

Also, if your group is a regular attendee and you know for sure you will *not* be coming if we have an in-person event, I'd like to know that also.

73 de Mark N9XTN
GPSL 2020 coordinator

stan siems

I will be launching from home if I get every thing in time

Stan WB0EMJ

On 4/28/2020 5:33 PM, Zack Clobes W0ZC wrote:
[...]

Michael

Remote. Plan on trying a floater.

--Michael Willett

On Apr 28, 2020, at 11:02 PM, stan siems <ssiems@...> wrote:

[...]

Michael Hojnowski

I fear that with the purchase of a new home (which needs 170 years worth of repairs) and the pandemic that we'll be staying home this year.  I hope to put together a payload and simulcast a launch to be there in spirit.

Mike / KD2EAT

On 4/28/2020 5:48 PM, Mark Conner N9XTN wrote:
I would like to assemble a list of those who are planning to launch a balloon at this year's GPSL in Omaha if we can have an in-person event.  My concern at the moment is that even if we are able to have an in-person GPSL this year, so many may have work or financial impacts that we don't have a sufficient group to make it worthwhile.

If you or your group are planning to attend GPSL this year and fly a balloon, please send your email address (one person per group that's flying) to n9xtn@....

Also, if your group is a regular attendee and you know for sure you will *not* be coming if we have an in-person event, I'd like to know that also.

73 de Mark N9XTN
GPSL 2020 coordinator

Bill Brown

Hi Mark,

We plan to attend (3 of us) and would like to launch a payload in collaboration with another group if possible. If an in-person event is not practical, then we would love to do the Friday conference via Zoom and do a live streaming event launch on Saturday either via Zoom or Facebook Live.

- Bill WB8ELK, Bev WB4ELK and Mark KA9SZX

I would like to assemble a list of those who are planning to launch a balloon at this year's GPSL in Omaha if we can have an in-person event.  My concern at the moment is that even if we are able to have an in-person GPSL this year, so many may have work or financial impacts that we don't have a sufficient group to make it worthwhile.

If you or your group are planning to attend GPSL this year and fly a balloon, please send your email address (one person per group that's flying) to n9xtn@....

Also, if your group is a regular attendee and you know for sure you will *not* be coming if we have an in-person event, I'd like to know that also.

73 de Mark N9XTN
GPSL 2020 coordinator

Hank Riley

I of course, predictably, would like some form of live broadcast and after-event-posted video recording of a Friday session, even if its usual scope has to be limited in depth and/or duration.