Images from the NearSys flight in Oregon / Idaho

L. Paul Verhage KD4STH

I've attached one frame from the horizontal camera recording the burst at 98,331 feet. The rest of the images are near infrared images taken during the flight.

The near-infrared, healthy foliage shows up as bright white. Infrared light penetrates the atmosphere with very little scattering, therefore the images tend to be sharper than color images.

You can see the reservoir C.J. Strike (and the Bruneau Arm), Lake Lowell, and the Snake River. They all appear Inky black because they're reflecting near-infrared light from the sky overhead.

On Wed, Jul 8, 2020, 9:55 PM Jerry via groups.io <jerrygable=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
It will only be 115 here in Phoenix this Saturday.  No tall corn to wade through but most of the plants have shape things on them.

Jerry Gable
Balloon Flight Prediction tools
http://www.s3research.com

On Wednesday, July 8, 2020, 4:31:33 PM MST, L. Paul Verhage KD4STH <nearsys@...> wrote:

Well, we'll have a cool morning with highs around 90 deg (but it's a dry heat as was said in the movie Aliens). Looking forward to seeing everyone virtually.

On Wed, Jul 8, 2020, 5:23 PM Mike, n0mpm <morgamp52@...> wrote:
Well, in my mind Genelle and I have arrived Omaha, checked in and now enjoying a nice dinner and chat with all my GPSL friends.
Tomorrow I plan on a virtual tour of the Union Pacific Rail Road Museum!
Can’t wait for Friday’s symposium!
Thanks Mark for all you have done to make a sharp COVID left turn and putting together a great next best GPSL !!!

73,
mike. n0mpm

(Don’t think I will miss the 100 deg F heat index balloon chase with 7 foot tall corn fields on Saturday!)