Hydrogen Regulator

Larry

We are trying to get a hydrogen regulator to shift over to Hydrogen.  I am not an expert but I did read a review of a regulator that said it would not fill the balloon if you fully opened the tank valve.  So I am guessing that some of these regulators have limited input pressure not equal to tank pressure?

It also seems to be difficult to see specifications on most of the regulators I see online.

Does anyone know anything about this regulator or could you recommend one?

Larry
KJ6PBS

Dennis Klipa - N8ERF

Larry,

I sent you a regulator document offlist that contains inlet and out pressure ranges and flowrate data.

I am not sure what the review means when it says, you can't fill the balloon.  Do they mean that the flow would be too low or that it needs some back pressure in order to regulate it?  That regulator has an output range of 2-40 psig.  The balloon never exceeds about 0.5 psig.  I don't know what happens when there is zero back pressure with that regulator.

Do you have a link for the review?

Best Regards,
Dennis, N8ERF

On Wed, May 12, 2021, 10:04 PM Larry <larry.phegley@...> wrote:
We are trying to get a hydrogen regulator to shift over to Hydrogen.  I am not an expert but I did read a review of a regulator that said it would not fill the balloon if you fully opened the tank valve.  So I am guessing that some of these regulators have limited input pressure not equal to tank pressure?

It also seems to be difficult to see specifications on most of the regulators I see online.

Does anyone know anything about this regulator or could you recommend one?

Larry
KJ6PBS

Bill Brown

Hi Larry...that one looks ok, it has the right tank fitting...I just ordered one from my local welding shop for about $120.  I will let you know the brand and specs on that one when it arrives.

We are trying to get a hydrogen regulator to shift over to Hydrogen.  I am not an expert but I did read a review of a regulator that said it would not fill the balloon if you fully opened the tank valve.  So I am guessing that some of these regulators have limited input pressure not equal to tank pressure?

It also seems to be difficult to see specifications on most of the regulators I see online.

Does anyone know anything about this regulator or could you recommend one?

Larry
KJ6PBS

Joe WB9SBD

Welcome everyone to the world of H2! he he he
As Bill knows, H2 is all we have ever used. from Day one, geez what over 30 years ago.

Joe WB9SBD