From: "Joe St. Columbia, Jr." <jscolumbia@...>
Subject: High Altitude Ballooning (poor man space program)
Date: June 10, 2017 at 8:16:10 AM CDT

Keith,

I am a member of the Helena Astronomy Society. We are a group of astronomy enthusiast that is active in our community with support of our local college, Phillips Community College of the University of Arkansas.  From time to time we include amateur radio projects to study the cosmos. Our goal is to educate ourselves and others while  making contributions to the science of astronomy as amateur astronomers.

Recently, I  found your website on Amateur Radio High Altitude Ballooning  that takes science projects to “near space”.  I  thought it would be a great project for our organization to share with our local Boy Scout Troops and students at PCCUA. However, I am unable to find a “Getting Started Guide”.  If available would you please share links or information I could use to present this project to our group? As you may guess I am looking for basic information to get started such as FAA guidelines, materials needed and costs etc.… .

Thank You

Joe
N5MIG