High Altitude Balloon launch on Saturday, May 8, weather permitting

Michael Hojnowski

Hi Gang, The Amateur Radio Club at Cornell, W2CXM, in collaboration with the Space Systems Design Studio (SSDS), part of the Sibley School of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering at Cornell University will be hosting a High Altitude Balloon launch event on Saturday, May 8, 2021 at 3pm EST.  The balloon balloon flight will traverse South Central New York State, in the vicinity of Ithaca, NY.  The payload is expected to reach 100,000 feet and land northeast of Ithaca.  The SSDS payload will be testing the deployment of a Solar Sail mockup that is planned for a future Cubesat space mission.  If all of our technology works, we will be livestreaming live video from the payload for the duration of the flight.  The stream will be available on youtube beginning at 3:00pm here:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNWlPWT0J4g.  Additional tracking links will be in the “Description” of the youtube page. Mike Hojnowski / KD2EAT, Advisor to the Amateur Radio Club at Cornell