Topics

Herington newspaper

Mark Conner <n9xtn@...>

Our media coverage for GPSL consisted of the local (weekly?) newspaper
coming out that morning. I found on Google a listing for the following
paper:

HERINGTON TIMES 7 N BROADWAY HERINGTON, KS 67449-2401 913-258-2211

If no one's already arranged for this, I'd like to call them and get a
few copies. Don, is this the correct paper?

- Mark

Don Pfister <ka0jlf@...>

Anyone remember his name from the reporter? I'll give them a call.

Mark Conner wrote:

Our media coverage for GPSL consisted of the local (weekly?) newspaper
coming out that morning. I found on Google a listing for the following
paper:

HERINGTON TIMES 7 N BROADWAY HERINGTON, KS 67449-2401 913-258-2211

If no one's already arranged for this, I'd like to call them and get a
few copies. Don, is this the correct paper?

- Mark

Doug Eubanks <ka0o@...>

J.R. Sparke
785-258-2211

Mark Conner wrote:

> Our media coverage for GPSL consisted of the local (weekly?) newspaper
> coming out that morning.  I found on Google a listing for the following
> paper:
>
> HERINGTON TIMES 7 N BROADWAY HERINGTON, KS 67449-2401 913-258-2211
>
> If no one's already arranged for this, I'd like to call them and get a
> few copies.  Don, is this the correct paper?
>
> - Mark

Don Pfister <ka0jlf@...>

I talked to J.R. he said they ran an article with 3 photos. He wants to know how
many copies we want and where to send them to. I told him I thought tear sheets
were ok, not the whole issue, is that right?

How do you want to do this? You want them sent to me and then I will send them
to you or should we just have them mail them out. I didn't ask about cost yet, I
thought until we could answer how many, the cost wouldn't matter much. I'm
afraid a qty would make a difference.

Let me know,
Don

J.R. Sparke785-258-2211

Mark Conner wrote:

> Our media coverage for GPSL consisted of the local (weekly?)
newspaper
> coming out that morning. I found on Google a listing for the
following
> paper:
>
> HERINGTON TIMES 7 N BROADWAY HERINGTON, KS 67449-2401 913-258-2211

> If no one's already arranged for this, I'd like to call them and
get a
> few copies. Don, is this the correct paper?
>
> - Mark

n9xtn@...

Sending complete papers might be easier for them to do, as would sending them to one address. My thought would be to have them send a dozen or so to you and then we send you a couple of bucks to mail them individually to us.

I don't need the whole paper if they're willing to do the tear sheets, however.

- Mark

I talked to J.R. he said they ran an article with 3 photos. He
wants to know how
many copies we want and where to send them to. I told him I
thought tear sheets
were ok, not the whole issue, is that right?

How do you want to do this? You want them sent to me and then I
will send them
to you or should we just have them mail them out. I didn't ask
about cost yet, I
thought until we could answer how many, the cost wouldn't matter
much. I'm
afraid a qty would make a difference.

Let me know,
Don

J.R. Sparke785-258-2211

Mark Conner wrote:

> Our media coverage for GPSL consisted of the local (weekly?)
newspaper
> coming out that morning. I found on Google a listing for the
following
> paper:
>
> HERINGTON TIMES 7 N BROADWAY HERINGTON, KS 67449-2401 913-
258-2211

> If no one's already arranged for this, I'd like to call
them and
get a
> few copies. Don, is this the correct paper?
>
> - Mark

Jon M. Riley <aj0nr@...>

I would like to have  a copy.  My address is:  1632 Baker
                                                                  Hutchinson, Ks. 67501

Thank you.
Jon Riley

Doug Eubanks wrote:

> J.R. Sparke785-258-2211

Don Pfister <ka0jlf@...>

Actually J.R. suggested the tear sheets.

Unless I hear different before tomorrow, I'll call and order 12 copies, that will be 2 copies per group (just a quick guess). Unless the price is outlandish. If the price is unexpected I'll consult the group again before
continuing.

Don

n9xtn@... wrote:

[...]

J.R. Sparke785-258-2211

Mark Conner wrote:

> Our media coverage for GPSL consisted of the local (weekly?)
newspaper
> coming out that morning. I found on Google a listing for the
following
> paper:
>
> HERINGTON TIMES 7 N BROADWAY HERINGTON, KS 67449-2401 913-
258-2211

> If no one's already arranged for this, I'd like to call
them and
get a
> few copies. Don, is this the correct paper?
>
> - Mark

Bill Brown

I'd be interested in a copy ... let me know the cost.

Thanks,

Bill Brown WB8ELK

paul.verhage@...

Send one to me!!!!

Paul Verhage
207 Crestline #3
Caldwell, ID 83605

I talked to J.R. he said they ran an article with 3 photos. He wants to know how
many copies we want and where to send them to. I told him I thought tear sheets
were ok, not the whole issue, is that right?

How do you want to do this? You want them sent to me and then I will send them
to you or should we just have them mail them out. I didn't ask about cost yet, I
thought until we could answer how many, the cost wouldn't matter much. I'm
afraid a qty would make a difference.

Let me know,
Don

J.R. Sparke785-258-2211

Mark Conner wrote:

> Our media coverage for GPSL consisted of the local (weekly?)
newspaper
> coming out that morning. I found on Google a listing for the
following
> paper:
>
> HERINGTON TIMES 7 N BROADWAY HERINGTON, KS 67449-2401 913-258-2211

> If no one's already arranged for this, I'd like to call them and
get a
> few copies. Don, is this the correct paper?
>
> - Mark

Harry M <harrymue@...>

I would like a copy Don. Either full copy or tear is ok.
Let me know what the final cost is.

Harry, KC5TRB

-----------------------
H.H. Mueller
3307 E. Haskell Place
Tulsa, Ok 74115
-----------------------

Michael L. Bogard <kd0fw@...>

A tear copy would be just fine for me.

Michael L. Bogard
1304 North Kiger Road
Independence, Missouri
                               64050

Don Pfister <ka0jlf@...>

After my forgetfullness, I did contact J.R. again yesterday - thanks to kd0fw
reminding me. He was going to check and see how many copies he had and send me upto
24. He was going to call me back but I didn't get a call or message.

I will follow up on this. I will mail copies to those of you that have told me you
wanted one (or more). I hope to mail copies out next week.

I found out they are $1 each plus postage. They charge the price of the paper ($1 an
issue) even for the tear sheets. To avoid the additional postage/shipping I just got
tear sheets.

More later, let me know if you have any questions. Oh, Mark in answer to your
question yes that is the paper but the area code changed to 785 like Doug said.

IF this list isn't everyone, please pass this on to your groups or lists.

Don
--

[Signature File]
Name=Don Pfister KA0JLF

Don Pfister wrote:

I talked to J.R. he said they ran an article with 3 photos. He wants to know how
many copies we want and where to send them to. I told him I thought tear sheets
were ok, not the whole issue, is that right?

How do you want to do this? You want them sent to me and then I will send them
to you or should we just have them mail them out. I didn't ask about cost yet, I
thought until we could answer how many, the cost wouldn't matter much. I'm
afraid a qty would make a difference.

Let me know,
Don

J.R. Sparke785-258-2211