HABHub closure

Steve G8KHW / AJ4XE

The HABhub servers will be shut down toward end of this month*.  The HABhub predictor, tracker, SSDV, burst calculator, UKHAS wiki and habitat site will all be affected.

As alternatives I suggest folk use:

    Tracker: https://amateur.sondehub.org/

    Predictor: https://predict.sondehub.org/

    Burst Calculator: https://sondehub.org/calc/

Folk are actively working on alternative solutions for SSDV and the UKHAS wiki (watch this space).

The sondehub tracker does not support the UKHAS sentence interface – this means that dl-fldigi will not work with it.  Mark Jessop has been asking for help to develop a UKHAS sentence interface for SondeHub – so if this is something you feel you could do, then please step forward.

Some limited support of UKHAS strings is included Horus-GUI decoder (which will also decode some formats of RTTY) – as far as I know this will be the only way to get legacy UKHAS RTTY strings shown on SondeHub. See: https://github.com/projecthorus/horusdemodlib/wiki/1.1-Horus-GUI-Reception-Guide-(Windows-Linux-OSX)

SondeHub has no equivalent of the hourly predictor for HAB flights, however there is something similar for radiosonde sites within the SondeHub radiosonde tracker https://tracker.sondehub.org.

amateur.sondehub.org imports Balloon flights from APRS in the same way as the HABhub tracker – so APRS balloon flights (and pico flights forwarded to APRS) will continue to be shown.

Dave Akerman has been beavering away on supporting sondehub on the PITS gateway, HAB Base, Explora and PADD apps.

Some work is underway on migrating TTNHABbridge to use Sondehub.

I'll take this opportunity to say a massive thank you to all that worked habhub tools over the years – the ones I remember are (apologies if I've forgotten you):

    Rossen Georgiev
    Adam Greig,
    Daniel Richman.
    Daniel Saul
    Priyesh Patel
    Mark Jessop
    Jon Sowman
    James Coxon
    Stelios Bounanos
    Philip Heron
    Matthew Brejza

and finally huge thanks to Anthony Stirk for hosting the servers for many years.

     Steve G8KHW / AJ4XE

*this was originally scheduled for the end of the year – but has been brought forward (mainly due to energy crisis).

Steve,

A big thank you and the team for all the HABHUB functionality, and also thanks to Mark VK5QI and his team for standing up more and more of this functionality on sondehub.org.  The high-altitude balloon community is blessed to have such talent available.

73 de Mark N9XTN