Topics

GPSL presenters and schedule

Mark Conner N9XTN

GPSL 2020 attendees,

Below is the latest schedule for our speakers.  We will open the Zoom meeting a half hour early so that people will have time to diagnose connection issues prior to the official start at 0900 CDT (1400 UTC).

There may be some minor adjustments between now and next Friday, but I think this is pretty solid.  More than likely we would adjust the end time and leave the start alone if we need to make changes.

Thanks again to all those who volunteered to present next week.

73 de Mark N9XTN

PresenterSubjectTimeStart CDTEnd CDT
Pre-symposium Zoom testing308:309:00
Intro159:009:15
Jayant MurthyExperience in scientific ballooning in India459:1510:00
Steve Randall G8KHWARHAB in the UK4510:0010:45
Break1510:4511:00
Paul Verhage KD4STHSilicon radiation detectors3011:0011:30
Joanne Michael KM6BWBCross-country balloon race4511:3012:15
Lunch4512:1513:00
Bill Brown WB8ELKPico Ballooning Techniques & Hardware4513:0013:45
Jeff Ducklow N0NQNDe-spun camera platform using Arduino4513:4514:30
Mark Patton KC0DADS-B payload for EOSS2014:3014:50
Break1514:5015:05
Mark Conner N9XTNNWS radiosonde chasing3015:0515:35
Mike Hojnowski KD2EATLivestreaming video from balloon3015:3516:05
Wrap-up1016:0516:15

Larry

Mark ...  When I have participated in zoom meetings in the past I have just received a URL which I have clicked on and joined the meeting.  Can I expect that his time?

Larry
KJ6PBS

On Fri, Jul 3, 2020 at 2:31 PM Mark Conner N9XTN <mconner1@...> wrote:
[...]

Yes, we will distribute the link to all registered attendees a day or two before the meeting.

Mark

On Fri, Jul 3, 2020, 18:43 Larry <larry.phegley@...> wrote:
[...]

Michael Hojnowski

To elaborate further, we're keeping the Zoom URL under our hat a bit so that we know how many participants to expect on the day.  We have a limited capacity for the zoom session (large, but limited).  We're concerned that if we publish the URL early, that unregistered attendees may show up and end up blocking out some registered people.  It's not likely, but it would suck if the zoom got swamped, and  say, a presenter couldn't get in!

Anyway, that's the reason.  A few days before the event, we'll email registered attendees two URLs - one for Friday and a second one for Saturday's zoom-a-long with the launches.

Mike / KD2EAT
Zoom host