Topics

GPSL 2020 less than two weeks away

Mark Conner N9XTN

GPSL 2020 is inexorably approaching - we're now under two weeks away.

Our current plan is to open the Zoom session around 0830 CDT on Friday to give people a little time to test and diagnose Zoom issues with attendees and speakers.  We'll start at 9 and have a mid-morning and mid-afternoon break plus about 45 minutes for lunch, and we should wrap up around 4pm CDT.  We'll leave the session "open" at breaks and lunch for people to ask follow-up questions or to kibitz with others, similar to what happens IRL.  Exact timing and speaker order is TBD, but I should have that by next weekend.

On Saturday we will open a Zoom session around 0830 CDT, about 30 min before launch time, and let people "broadcast" their launch.  Mike KD2EAT will be moderating and monitoring for any Zoom issues.  I will be contacting those launching balloons Saturday to see if there is a preferred time to get together to share flight stories afterwards.

If you've forgotten to register, please do so at https://superlaunch.org and click on the registration link about midway down the page.  We will distribute the URLs to registered attendees a day or two prior to the 10th.  We have just over 60 registrations and have room for plenty more.

Mike, n0mpm

  • I don’t think Mark has posted the menu for our Friday banquet ;).   Just in case anyone wonders what PENS suggests:  I am having a Taco John’s burrito and Genelle will be dining at Burger King!
Looking forward to Zooming in a few weeks!
mike.

Jeff Dailey

Is someone putting a list together for the balloon flights and what is flying on each balloon.

I will be flying.

Main tracking and control: Globalstar EyePOD

Backup Tracking: 900Mhz EyePOD

Cross band repeater 144.36 Uplink 446.025 Downlink

6 meter GPS Beacon 52.525 FM / USB, Modes: CW, RTTY, Domino

Launch Site: Upland IN.

Jeff Dailey
KC9QCD

On Tuesday, June 30, 2020, 02:17:01 PM EDT, Mike, n0mpm <morgamp52@...> wrote:

I don’t think Mark has posted the menu for our Friday banquet ;).   Just in case anyone wonders what PENS suggests:  I am having a Taco John’s burrito and Genelle will be dining at Burger King! Looking forward to Zooming in a few weeks!
mike.

Zack Clobes W0ZC

I'm updating the flights with pin points around the country (plus our friendly neighbors to the north, aye).

You can click on a pin and it will give a link to track that flight.

On Tue, Jun 30, 2020, 1:30 PM Jeff Dailey via groups.io <jfdailey=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Is someone putting a list together for the balloon flights and what is flying on each balloon.

I will be flying.

Main tracking and control: Globalstar EyePOD

Backup Tracking: 900Mhz EyePOD

Cross band repeater 144.36 Uplink 446.025 Downlink

6 meter GPS Beacon 52.525 FM / USB, Modes: CW, RTTY, Domino

Launch Site: Upland IN.

Jeff Dailey
KC9QCD

On Tuesday, June 30, 2020, 02:17:01 PM EDT, Mike, n0mpm <morgamp52@...> wrote:

I don’t think Mark has posted the menu for our Friday banquet ;).   Just in case anyone wonders what PENS suggests:  I am having a Taco John’s burrito and Genelle will be dining at Burger King! Looking forward to Zooming in a few weeks!
mike.

Harry M

You might want to check and see if anybody is going to fly something on 144.34 or .36 those are typical APRS balloon freq's.

Is someone putting a list together for the balloon flights and what is flying on each balloon.

I will be flying.

Main tracking and control: Globalstar EyePOD

Backup Tracking: 900Mhz EyePOD

Cross band repeater 144.36 Uplink 446.025 Downlink

6 meter GPS Beacon 52.525 FM / USB, Modes: CW, RTTY, Domino

Launch Site: Upland IN.

Jeff Dailey
KC9QCD

On Tuesday, June 30, 2020, 02:17:01 PM EDT, Mike, n0mpm <morgamp52@...> wrote:

I don’t think Mark has posted the menu for our Friday banquet ;).   Just in case anyone wonders what PENS suggests:  I am having a Taco John’s burrito and Genelle will be dining at Burger King! Looking forward to Zooming in a few weeks!
mike.

John Dinneen

Shout out to you in Iowa,

I will go to Colorado for GPSL – EOSS-300.

Eileen and puppy Aspen will ride shotgun.

I had a new roof put on the house (hail damage paid by insurance) and finally got my antenna back to operational.

Made 89 contacts on Field Day as a 1D-NTX from the house with your fine old Kenwood TS-940-S.

Got FL, SC all the rest of south, all SW, NM CA PR plus most of upper Midwest.

I always think of you when I turn on the power – I have had more fun and good times because you passed that treasure on to me.

I never thought I would be able to do HF from my covenant controlled community, but contacts from all over NA, SA EU, Australia & New Zealand are IN the Logbook.

Wish we could meet in Omaha, but lets hold out hope for next year…

PS – just finished Radiation Treatments for Prostate Cancer – all went very well – no side effects and feeling better than I deserve.

Hope you all in Pella staying safe and healthy.

73

John F Dinneen KCØL

kc0l@...

john.dinneen@...

Home: 469.362.1942

  • I don’t think Mark has posted the menu for our Friday banquet ;)   Just in case anyone wonders what PENS suggests:  I am having a Taco John’s burrito and Genelle will be dining at Burger King!

Looking forward to Zooming in a few weeks!
mike.

Bill Brown

Hi Zack,

  I just entered my flight info from Alabama.