Topics

GPSL 2019 Hydrogen Available for Purchase

Zack Clobes W0ZC

The Hydrogen has been published for sale for next month's GPSL.

And as a reminder, if you haven't done so already, please register!!!  REMEMBER, Mike needs all meals pre-paid in order to reserve you spot.

Zack Clobes, W0ZC
Project: Traveler
www.projecttraveler.org

Join us on Facebook for the latest information:

Project: Traveler is a research project of Custom Digital Services, LLC.

Joe WB9SBD

Where are you getting your H2 from,

Last I bought was 29 bucks and checked 2 weeks ago.

Joe WB9SBD

The Original Rolling Ball Clock
Idle Tyme
Idle-Tyme.com
http://www.idle-tyme.com

On 5/12/2019 9:46 PM, Zack Clobes W0ZC wrote:
The Hydrogen has been published for sale for next month's GPSL.

And as a reminder, if you haven't done so already, please register!!!  REMEMBER, Mike needs all meals pre-paid in order to reserve you spot.

Zack Clobes, W0ZC
Project: Traveler
www.projecttraveler.org

Join us on Facebook for the latest information:

Project: Traveler is a research project of Custom Digital Services, LLC.

Joe WB9SBD

I really find it extremely hard to believe in rural farming country that someplace within 5 miles of there doesn't have any.  You need to look in not what you think places.
Like my gas passer is a place that fixes and sells lawn mowers.
In no way would you know they sell gas, just a plain brown building.
Joe WB9SBD

The Original Rolling Ball Clock
Idle Tyme
Idle-Tyme.com
http://www.idle-tyme.com

The Original Rolling Ball Clock
Idle Tyme
Idle-Tyme.com
http://www.idle-tyme.com

On 5/22/2019 10:24 AM, Joe wrote:
try a local farm supply store.
That's where I get mine. $29 bucks. Largest tank made.

Joe WB9SBD

The Original Rolling Ball Clock
Idle Tyme
Idle-Tyme.com
http://www.idle-tyme.com

On 5/22/2019 10:13 AM, Mike Morgan wrote:

Airgas

Praxair left town 5 years ago.    Welding supply vendors do not supply gas...

mpm

On 5/22/2019 7:29 AM, Zack Clobes wrote:
That's a question for Mike.  He is coordinating this year's gpsl.

Zack

On Tue, May 21, 2019, 10:17 PM Hank Riley <n1ltv@...> wrote:
Zack,

Do you know what the name of the hydrogen supplier for GPSL 2019 is?  I see Airgas and Praxir are in Pella.  No doubt several welding supply places, too.

Joe asked the question over a week ago and there hasn't been a response posted.  I think it was a good question.

Hank

On Sunday, May 12, 2019, 11:25:28 PM EDT, Joe WB9SBD <nss@...> wrote:

Where are you getting your H2 from,
Last I bought was 29 bucks and checked 2 weeks ago.

Joe WB9SBD

Actually what is even better, and I even have a tankful but just have not made a payload as of yet for the flight.

This Gas make Hydrogen seem as safe as helium or nitrogen.

I'm gonna do a flight using NH3

It has a neat property when it gets cold enough it will condense back to a liquid and of course loose it's lifting capability. then as it warms it will boil off again and get it's lift back so possibly the balloon could fly forever.

Joe WB9SBD

The Original Rolling Ball Clock
Idle Tyme
Idle-Tyme.com
http://www.idle-tyme.com

On 5/22/2019 6:00 PM, Mike wrote:
That’s why you could go for the record.  Actually n2 density is 96.8% of air density(give or take a tad for air humidity)
It would be one big balloon!
As a chemical engineer I tend to know these useless facts.

On May 22, 2019, at 5:41 PM, Joe <nss@...> wrote:

Nitrogen is heavier than air,,

Joe WB9SBD
<CLEAN-IDLE-TYME-LOGO-120x96.jpg>
The Original Rolling Ball Clock
Idle Tyme
Idle-Tyme.com
http://www.idle-tyme.com

On 5/22/2019 1:25 PM, Mike wrote:
Everyone I talk to does not use h2. Or supply h2.  The mom and pop shops are supplied from airgas.  Vermeer is a huge welding gas user but has no h2 usage.  They won’t let me purchase under their vendor agreement.
I can get you nitrogen for peanuts.  You could shoot for a record on alt and distance!

Sent from my iPhone

On May 22, 2019, at 12:30 PM, Joe <nss@...> wrote:

I really find it extremely hard to believe in rural farming country that someplace within 5 miles of there doesn't have any.  You need to look in not what you think places.
Like my gas passer is a place that fixes and sells lawn mowers.
In no way would you know they sell gas, just a plain brown building.
Joe WB9SBD
<H2.jpg>
<CLEAN-IDLE-TYME-LOGO-120x96.jpg>
The Original Rolling Ball Clock
Idle Tyme
Idle-Tyme.com
http://www.idle-tyme.com

On 5/22/2019 10:45 AM, Mike Morgan wrote:

airgas is only supplier in 25 mile radius