From: GPSL@groups.io [mailto:GPSL@groups.io] On Behalf Of Michael Hojnowski
Sent: Wednesday, February 27, 2019 7:40 AM
To: GPSL list
Subject: [GPSL] Frequency selection for airborne crossband repeaters

Hey Gang,

I'm intending to fly a cross-band repeater with a HAB in April. It
occurs to me that I don't have a good idea of how to select
frequencies. Should I be using one from the repeater input range on one
band, and output on another? Should I be selecting simplex frequencies
for this short term use? Should I attempt any kind of coordination with
our regional frequency coordination groups?

What have people done?

Thanks for any advice,
Mike / KD2EAT

Carlton Corbitt

One thing i think works well, if you are part of a ham club that has a working repeater.   Is to put your balloon repeater output frequency the same as your clubs repeater output frequency.  That way everyone has the output frequency already programmed into the mobile radios to listen while tracking.
And you should be able to know if your own clubs repeater is planning to be in use or not.

Carlton
KI4NHK