Topics

Frequency Coordination

paul.verhage@...

Packet, ATV, and Repeaters, Oh My!

It looks like we're going to have more transmissions coming out of
Manhattan on 6 July than NSA HQ. To prevent near space
capsules from stepping on each other, we'll start a table of
frequencies, powers, times, and modes.

I'll need a coordinator to keep track of this. Mark, can you do that?
All communications about this topic are to be sent to the list.
Once the table is put together, it will go out to subscribers for their
review. Please don't make comments about selected frequencies
until after the final table it put together and emailed. After that,
please look them over and look for potential problems.

To all program managers,
Please email current transmission information to
gpsl@... in this format.

Subject line for email: Frequency Plan

Please organize the text of your message as follows.

Program or capsule name
Mode Power Frequency Time

For example,

TVNSP
Packet 340mW 144.390 0, 15, 30, and 45 seconds

If you're flying a dual-band repeater, please post both frequencies
and indicate which is the uplink and downlink frequency.

In Manhattan, there's not a lot of APRS traffic. Unfortunately, not
long after we launch, we'll run into traffic from KC. In KC there's
lots of APRS traffic. So GPSL will move off the standard APRS
frequency (144.390). Mark suggested a frequency, but I managed
to lose it. I'll get back with you on the proper APRS frequency.

Chase Frequencies
At the launch site and for what I think will be most of the chase,
we'll use the Manhattan repeater. If we get close to Topeka or
Lawrence, we'll switch to one of their repeaters. A near space
repeater will be avaiable during the chase. We may go to simplex
during portions of the recovery. I'll post the Topeka and Lawrence
frequencies shortly. For simplex, I'd like select a 2m and 440
frequency that are easy to remember, perhaps the call-in
frequencies. Those too will be posted shortly.

Thanks,
Paul

mgray@...

Paul,

Not sure if you saw my message from last week, but I already started
the frequency list. It is posted in the Files sections. If you want
Mark to track the frequencies, let me know and I'll assign the file
to him.

73s de Michael Gray, kd7lmo

From sentto-6764416-4-1021309159-mgray=ess-us.com@... Mon May 13 10:03:06 2002
To: GPSL@...
From: <paul.verhage@...>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 10:47:34 -700
Subject: [GPSL] Frequency Coordination

Packet, ATV, and Repeaters, Oh My!

It looks like we're going to have more transmissions coming out of
Manhattan on 6 July than NSA HQ. To prevent near space
capsules from stepping on each other, we'll start a table of
frequencies, powers, times, and modes.

I'll need a coordinator to keep track of this. Mark, can you do that?
All communications about this topic are to be sent to the list.
Once the table is put together, it will go out to subscribers for their
review. Please don't make comments about selected frequencies
until after the final table it put together and emailed. After that,
please look them over and look for potential problems.

To all program managers,
Please email current transmission information to
gpsl@... in this format.

Subject line for email: Frequency Plan

[...]

I saw your file. I didn't realize I was assigning a task already
started. If yopu don't mind, I'd like to forward that to Mark. We'll
add one more item to the list. We need to find out who can
change frequencies if there is a problem.

Paul

Paul,

Not sure if you saw my message from last week, but I already started
the frequency list. It is posted in the Files sections. If you want
Mark to track the frequencies, let me know and I'll assign the file
to him.

Mark Conner <n9xtn@...>

I can keep track of the various modes, frequencies, etc. I've
gotten some input from Mike KD0FW off-list for his payload(s). I
looked at KD7LMO's inputs in the files area.

I had previously suggested everyone having a slotted beacon on
144.34 MHz for mutual chase support if possible.

Also, when people submit their inputs, please indicate if you're
frequency-agile and to what extent (crystalled, VFO 70cm only,
VFO 2/70, etc). That will help us decide how much people can
compromise on their "favorite" frequencies should we need to make
adjustments.

I'm not sure if the egroups.com address will work - if not, the
correct address is gpsl@....

73 de Mark N9XTN

[...]

Subject line for email: Frequency Plan

[...]

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups
Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Stock for $4
and no minimums.
FREE Money 2002.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/orkH0C/n97DAA/Ey.GAA/ELTolB/TM

mgray@...

I've made the requested changes to the file and changed the name to reflect
only the ANSR payloads. The file is in the Files section of the Yahoo
group page.

From sentto-6764416-7-1021313634-mgray=ess-us.com@... Mon May 13 11:17:13 2002
To: GPSL@...
From: <paul.verhage@...>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 12:01:57 -700
Subject: Re: [GPSL] Frequency Coordination

ka0jlf <ka0jlf@...>

--- In GPSL@y..., "Mark Conner" <n9xtn@c...> wrote:
I can keep track of the various modes, frequencies, etc.
Do I understand this exchange to mean we are not going to keep the
info on the groups page?

I have been waiting to see what was being used before I decided.
However, it does not look like all of us can view it as a
collection.

I think sharing the info would be good, isn't that why this group was
created? What if we keep it in the files area or create a Database?

I have not created or used a Database in Yahoo Groups, this may not
be a good idea. However, I would be will to give it a try. Input from
the rest of you?

Thanks,
Don

I will go back to being silent.

Mark Conner <n9xtn@...>

The intent is to make all this public. I haven't had the time to
compile what I've gotten into a easy-to-read form. Even a simple HTML
page is probably sufficient.

I haven't found the Yahoo database stuff to be all that useful.

Everything I've received has been through the GPSL or KNSP group e-mail
so if you review the archive in the last month or so you'll know what I
know.

- Mark

I can keep track of the various modes, frequencies, etc.
Do I understand this exchange to mean we are not going to keep the
info on the groups page?

I have been waiting to see what was being used before I decided.
However, it does not look like all of us can view it as a
collection.

I think sharing the info would be good, isn't that why this group
was
created? What if we keep it in the files area or create a Database?

I have not created or used a Database in Yahoo Groups, this may not
be a good idea. However, I would be will to give it a try. Input from
the rest of you?

Thanks,
Don

I will go back to being silent.

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------
-~-->
FREE COLLEGE MONEY
CLICK HERE to search
600,000 scholarships!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/DlIU9C/4m7CAA/Ey.GAA/ELTolB/TM

Don Pfister <ka0jlf@...>

Thanks Mark, I didn't intend to make more work for anyone. I'll see what I can
do.

Don

Mark Conner wrote:

The intent is to make all this public. I haven't had the time to

mgray@...

I created a file in the Files Section of the Yahoo group that contains
a list of frequencies, etc for the ANSR flight. If someone wants to
copy this file, they can add the frequencies for all the missions into
a single file.

From sentto-6764416-33-1022186316-mgray=ess-us.com@... Thu May 23 13:39:07 2002
To: GPSL@...
From: Don Pfister <ka0jlf@...>