for 2023

Jules Hojnowski

hi
i saw an email sometime back, asking for ideas as to when to schedule the gpsl for 2023.
i vote for anytime after july 2nd :)
thanks !
Jules

From: GPSL@groups.io <GPSL@groups.io> on behalf of Bill Brown via groups.io <wb8elk@...>
Sent: Saturday, July 16, 2022 8:35:57 PM
To: GPSL@groups.io <GPSL@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [GPSL] SWIRLL Launch captured by roof cam.

Hi Mark,

I wrote the script so I will try directly uploading using the pysondehub library.  Thanks for sending this info !!

- Bill WB8ELK

-----Original Message-----
To: GPSL@groups.io
Sent: Sat, Jul 16, 2022 7:33 pm

Hi Bill,

Is this script available online anywhere? If you're using python it wouldn't be that difficult to send data to amateur.sondehub.org directly using the pysondehub library. Usage of this is documented here: https://github.com/projecthorus/pysondehub/wiki/SondeHub-Amateur-Uploader-Class-Usage

This way any telemetry information will get displayed properly, instead of just languishing in a comment field somewhere. I'd suggest using a different callsign to what is uploaded through APRS though, else things could get a bit weird on the tracker.

Cheers,
Mark VK5QI

On Sun, Jul 17, 2022 at 10:00 AM Bill Brown via groups.io <wb8elk=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
The UAH Balloon launched from the SWIRLL building has the callsign of W4CQD-2 on APRS.FI tracker.habhub.org and amateur.sondehub.org.

On WSPRnet.org look for KN4TPG since this balloon is transmitting on the 20m WSPR band with that callsign.  I port that data to the APRS tracking sites via a Python script.

- Bill WB8ELK

-----Original Message-----
To: 'GPSL@groups.io' <GPSL@groups.io>
Sent: Sat, Jul 16, 2022 12:05 pm

What is the balloon call?

-----------------------------------------
To: GPSL@groups.io
Cc:
Sent: Saturday July 16 2022 11:08:56AM
Subject: [GPSL] SWIRLL Launch captured by roof cam.

Hi

The SWIRLL rooftop camera captured this just a moment before launch.

73, Bruce - VE5BNC