Topics

First prediction

Mark Conner <n9xtn@...>

Granted, 2 1/2 week forecasts aren't worth much, but I ran one anyway.

For consistency's sake, I'm going to run predictions using 1000 fpm
ascent, 1000 fpm sea-level descent, burst at 95,000 ft. Bursts at
lower altitudes will move the predictions a few miles east. Faster
ascent and descent will (in general) shorten the distance along the
same direction as the original prediction.

With these conditions in mind, the forecast I ran shows a landing 9.5
miles from launch on a bearing of 054 degrees. The forecast indicates
we should have warm humid conditions (low 90s in the afternoon) with
afternoon and evening thunderstorms.

73 de Mark N9XTN