Topics

Experiences with Rockblock on HAB flights?

Michael Hojnowski

Hey Gang,

I'm working with a student team that wants to use a Rockblock 9603 on a HAB flight next year.  They're wondering if the (large) balloon above would cause any issues with the "view of the sky" the device requires.  My inclination is to say "no", but I was wondering if anyone else in the community had any experience with them, positive or otherwise.

Thanks for any info!
Mike / KD2EAT

David Akerman

No.  The satellites move across the sky quite quickly.  The only issue is that it can take a minute or two till it contacts a satellite to send a message.