Topics

EOSS YouTube Channel

L. Paul Verhage KD4STH

Is the plan to still have the EOSS YouTube channel show the conference live?

Can someone post the link and can we get that added to the webpage?

Thanks everyone

Hank Riley

This is the link to the EOSS channel with a button to subscribe:

Each individual EOSS video will also have an identical subscribe button, so once you get to anything originated by EOSS on youtube you can subscribe right then and there.

Note that a talk from Tom L. presenting at GPSL 2016 has EOSS in its title but that is on Mark Connor's youtube channel.  That's a great channel but not the one that will be streaming Friday from GPSL 2018.

Once you've properly subscribed the subscribe button (in all locations) changes color from bright RED to GRAY so it's readily apparent that you're registered with the EOSS channel.  My understanding is that a notice goes out through email to you (as a subscriber) whenever a streaming event occurs or is about to be scheduled to occur.  I'm sure it will also be posted automatically at the EOSS channel website.

It is further my understanding that a link for anyone to connect to the live stream can be posted for instance to this GPSL email list, BUT by far the best way IS TO SUBSCRIBE TO EOSS YOUTUBE CHANNEL IN ADVANCE of tomorrow.  For one simple reason: you will then be notified automatically about the streaming and how to connect without anyone in Idaho or elsewhere needing to post that special link.

My apologies if I have misunderstood anything important regarding this process.  It's all new to me.

Hank

Hank Riley

As I emailed Tom a few days ago, I'm available into the wee hours of the night/morning to do any kind of tests related to the youtube streaming.

Some kind of dry run/rehearsal really seems like a pretty good idea and it can be done right up until showtime Friday.

I didn't get any answer from Tom earlier this week but I guess he's been pretty busy getting ready.  He has my phone number and anyone wishing to get a hold of me for live phone feedback for streaming tests can email me for that.  (it's a wired phone and is in the phonebook.)  I'm in QRZ.com.

Hank

Hank Riley

It looks like a real good room Paul's arranged at NNU for the technical sessions.

Anything done to record the sessions will be an achievement, but if there's an audio feed for the presenter's mike (whether wireless or wired) available in that room somewhere (maybe behind the main central lecture island), try to tap into that for the streaming audio.

Thomas Londrigan

 I got the impression it generates a new link with each live stream session.
I'll be back at the hotel to meet with other EOSS folks, around 9:30 MDT so I may try a live stream tonight.

There is a web chat function with the live stream function, so that may be a good way to get feed back on the audio and framing.

I've scheduled a place holder on the YouTube page. I'll try to get to the venue early to see about setup. I picked up a new webcam so hopefully good audio if we can't stream directly from the mike.

On Jun 14, 2018, at 14:04, Hank Riley <n1ltv@...> wrote:

It looks like a real good room Paul's arranged at NNU for the technical sessions.

Anything done to record the sessions will be an achievement, but if there's an audio feed for the presenter's mike (whether wireless or wired) available in that room somewhere (maybe behind the main central lecture island), try to tap into that for the streaming audio.

Hank Riley

Sounds good.  Hope there's time to do at least a brief test tonight.

Quite a few signups at EOSS Youtube channel today so that shows the interest.