Topics

EOSS300 launch time

Marty Griffin

Hello Mark,

EOSS Plans to fly in coordination with your times which look good at 8am MDT.  We will feed video into the GPSL zoom session for those who might be interested.  Congratulations to Paul for his 200th flight  This will be EOSS 300th flight, are glad to celebrate with the virtual GPSL program.  I will provide details on our frequencies and ADS-B information.   We are now sending ADS-B to help the FAA allow us to fly in cloud cover.  Details later.

At this time, we do not have a talk, but we have some interest.  I will advise. 

Good luck with these hard times.

- Marty, WA0GEH, EOSS Tracking and Recovery Coordinator.

Sent: Wednesday, June 10, 2020 9:00 AM
To: Jim Langsted <jimlangsted@...>; Russ Chadwick <russ4cwop@...>
Cc: Marty Griffin <mgriffin@...>
Subject: RE: EOSS300 launch time

There was a discussion on the GPSL reflector about the launch time.

https://groups.io/g/GPSL/topic/gpsl_2020_update/74408777?p=,,,20,0,0,0::recentpostdate%2Fsticky,,,20,2,0,74408777

“I'm thinking about setting a 1400Z launch time for Saturday - that would be 10am ET, 9am CT, 8am MT, and 7am PT/Arizona.  I don't know if we'll have any participants in the Pacific time zone - if not, we could make it an hour earlier.   We probably don't want to go much later for our Eastern Time participants.  Anyone planning to fly a balloon for this, please chime in with your considerations.

As always, suggestions for how to make this a great virtual GPSL are welcome.

73 de Mark N9XTN”

Looks like we are in alignment with Mark.

Mark

Sent: Wednesday, June 10, 2020 8:36 AM
To: KCØD <kc0d@...>
Subject: FW: EOSS300 launch time

Sent: Wednesday, June 10, 2020 7:52 AM
To: Marty Griffin <mgriffin@...>; James Langsted <jimlangsted@...>; Rob Wright <kc0uuo@...>; Randy Collander <Randall.S.Collander@...>
Subject: EOSS300 launch time

Regarding the time for a simultaneous launch across the US from 7am to 10am, I think that would work out to 7am PDT = 8am MDT = 9am CDT = 10am EDT.  So, we should plan on an 8am launch time for EOSS300 rather than the 9am we decided at the meeting last night.

Russ

Michael Hojnowski

Just throwing this out there...  Speaking as an East Coast launcher, even launching an hour later (11am vs 10am) would be fine with me. I generally drive an 60-90 minutes west to find a launch location so that I don't land in the Catskills.  Being SO NOT a morning person, I'm fine with a later launch time.  I'll leave it to others to chime in about whether that does not work for them.  I'm OK either way.

Mike / KD2EAT

Mark Conner N9XTN

Marty, thanks for the info and exciting to hear that #300 for EOSS will coincide with GPSL 2020.  An amazing milestone!

I think the larger group would be interested in hearing about your ADS-B setup, so even if you want to do an extemporaneous 15 minutes on the subject, that's fine.  I've had an ADS-B receiver set up on a Pi 3B since January and have wondered what it'd take to do that on a balloon.

73 de Mark N9XTN

On Thu, Jun 11, 2020 at 2:52 PM Marty Griffin <mgriffin@...> wrote:

Hello Mark,

EOSS Plans to fly in coordination with your times which look good at 8am MDT.  We will feed video into the GPSL zoom session for those who might be interested.  Congratulations to Paul for his 200th flight  This will be EOSS 300th flight, are glad to celebrate with the virtual GPSL program.  I will provide details on our frequencies and ADS-B information.   We are now sending ADS-B to help the FAA allow us to fly in cloud cover.  Details later.

At this time, we do not have a talk, but we have some interest.  I will advise. 

https://groups.io/g/GPSL/topic/gpsl_2020_update/74408777?p=,,,20,0,0,0::recentpostdate%2Fsticky,,,20,2,0,74408777

“I'm thinking about setting a 1400Z launch time for Saturday - that would be 10am ET, 9am CT, 8am MT, and 7am PT/Arizona.  I don't know if we'll have any participants in the Pacific time zone - if not, we could make it an hour earlier.   We probably don't want to go much later for our Eastern Time participants.  Anyone planning to fly a balloon for this, please chime in with your considerations.

73 de Mark N9XTN”

Mark

To: Marty Griffin <mgriffin@...>; James Langsted <jimlangsted@...>; Rob Wright <kc0uuo@...>; Randy Collander <Randall.S.Collander@...>

Regarding the time for a simultaneous launch across the US from 7am to 10am, I think that would work out to 7am PDT = 8am MDT = 9am CDT = 10am EDT.  So, we should plan on an 8am launch time for EOSS300 rather than the 9am we decided at the meeting last night.

Russ

Marty Griffin

Hi Mark,

As an update for our flight, we will be flying AE0SS-12 for our 300th flight.  In addition, we will fly Paul’s  Kd4sth -1 (SSID to be verified).  That will be his 200th flight. 

- Marty

From: GPSL@groups.io <GPSL@groups.io> On Behalf Of Mark Conner N9XTN
Sent: Thursday, June 11, 2020 2:59 PM
To: GPSL@groups.io
Subject: Re: [GPSL] EOSS300 launch time

Marty, thanks for the info and exciting to hear that #300 for EOSS will coincide with GPSL 2020.  An amazing milestone!

I think the larger group would be interested in hearing about your ADS-B setup, so even if you want to do an extemporaneous 15 minutes on the subject, that's fine.  I've had an ADS-B receiver set up on a Pi 3B since January and have wondered what it'd take to do that on a balloon.

73 de Mark N9XTN

Hello Mark,

73 de Mark N9XTN”

Mark

Russ

Mark Conner N9XTN

Thanks Marty!

- Mark

Virus-free. www.avg.com

On Sun, Jun 28, 2020 at 2:36 PM Marty Griffin <mgriffin@...> wrote:

Hi Mark,

As an update for our flight, we will be flying AE0SS-12 for our 300th flight.  In addition, we will fly Paul’s  Kd4sth -1 (SSID to be verified).  That will be his 200th flight. 

- Marty

73 de Mark N9XTN

Hello Mark,

73 de Mark N9XTN”

Mark

Russ

Virus-free. www.avg.com

Marty Griffin

Hi Mark,

Paul has acquired launch help in Idaho, so we will not be launching his 200th payload from Colorado.  CIP

- Marty

Sent: Sunday, June 28, 2020 1:50 PM

Thanks Marty!

- Mark

Image removed by sender.

Virus-free. www.avg.com

On Sun, Jun 28, 2020 at 2:36 PM Marty Griffin <mgriffin@...> wrote:

Hi Mark,

- Marty

73 de Mark N9XTN

Hello Mark,

73 de Mark N9XTN”

Mark

Russ

Image removed by sender.

Virus-free. www.avg.com