Balloon Explosion

Joe WB9SBD

There was a big Balloon Explosion near Tuscon.
Trying to figure out what happened.
The one Gas truck was clearly marked Helium, But the second at least on my small monitor here I could not read what type of gas it was.

Could they be trying to use a Mix of H2 and HE to save gas costs?
I wonder what ratio of H2 & HE, how high can they go with H2 in the HE before it becomes explosive. Of course thats if they were using H2 at all.

If they were not using any H2, then what would make a percussive explosion?

Here is� News Link.

Joe wb9sbd
http://www.tucsonnewsnow.com/story/37102446/world-view-balloon-explodes-shakes-parts-of-tucson
--