Brian Tanner of Spaceport Indiana has passed away

Bill Brown

One of the best friends I have in the World, Brian Tanner, has passed away from COVID complications. Brian ran Spaceport Indiana and the Spaceport Exploration Centre in Bringhurst Indiana just north of Purdue University. This is the site for next year's GPSL.  I will discuss things with his wife Lori Tanner to see if we can still hold it there with my help and will let you all know. There will be a Celebration of Life event for Brian but no date set for that as yet. Brian and I have flown many high altitude balloons for students at his INSpace Camps each Summer as well as a number of balloon research projects and this will be a great loss for Indiana STEM programs.

For some reason couldn't get both of these links to go in one post (the second link would replace the first and continue ad infinitum).

Brian Tanner obituary

L. Paul Verhage KD4STH

I am very sorry for your loss. I wish I had a chance to meet Brian in person.

On Tue, Oct 26, 2021, 6:28 PM Bill Brown via groups.io <wb8elk=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
One of the best friends I have in the World, Brian Tanner, has passed away from COVID complications. Brian ran Spaceport Indiana and the Spaceport Exploration Centre in Bringhurst Indiana just north of Purdue University. This is the site for next year's GPSL.  I will discuss things with his wife Lori Tanner to see if we can still hold it there with my help and will let you all know. There will be a Celebration of Life event for Brian but no date set for that as yet. Brian and I have flown many high altitude balloons for students at his INSpace Camps each Summer as well as a number of balloon research projects and this will be a great loss for Indiana STEM programs.

- Bill WB8ELK