Topics

Are T-tanks reliably 260 cu feet?

Michael Hojnowski

Hey Gang,

I understand we're getting T-tanks for GPSL, which are "nominal 260 cu feet".  I'm planning to launch a pico, and my HAB will want a greedy 210 cubic feeet.  Do you think I'll make it with one tank? Does anyone expect to have a lot of gas left after they fill, and want to donate to a good cause?  ;-p

Mike / KD2EAT

L. Paul Verhage KD4STH

I have purchased a tank as a reserve. You could take a hit from that tank, if needed.

On Mon, Jun 10, 2019, 5:53 PM Michael Hojnowski <kd2eat@...> wrote:
Hey Gang,

I understand we're getting T-tanks for GPSL, which are "nominal 260 cu
feet".  I'm planning to launch a pico, and my HAB will want a greedy 210
cubic feeet.  Do you think I'll make it with one tank? Does anyone
expect to have a lot of gas left after they fill, and want to donate to
a good cause?  ;-p

Mike / KD2EAT

Mike, n0mpm

I have had pretty good luck with getting the advertised capacity of 260cuft....We  launched PENS-13 a few weeks ago with a estimated 255 cuft fill requirement...Emptied the tank and it came in right on plan..
mpm

Michael Hojnowski

Awesome!  Paul, I may take you up on that. We'll see how it goes.

Thanks!
Mike