Topics

2019 GPSL Repeater Info

Mike, n0mpm

Here are some repeater options for Saturday flight tracking and recovery.  Just to remind our EOSS team, a Wide Coverage repeater in Iowa usually means it's good for 25 to 30 miles radius!
mike

Mark Conner N9XTN

Looking at the forecast soundings for the launch time, it appears we'll have a short chase generally to the east.  The stratospheric winds have not yet turned easterly and are pretty light, and the tropospheric winds are expected to also be light and generally from the west or southwest.  Trend is for cloudy skies, temps around 70, and some chance of rain.

73 de Mark N9XTN

On Thu, Jun 6, 2019 at 9:52 AM Mike, n0mpm <morgamp52@...> wrote:
Here are some repeater options for Saturday flight tracking and recovery.  Just to remind our EOSS team, a Wide Coverage repeater in Iowa usually means it's good for 25 to 30 miles radius!
mike

Garrett, Mark

I would recommend anyone out to recover a balloon package bring at the very least, boots and insect repellent (and possible rain gear).  Lots of flying insects this year and the fields in my area around Macomb, IL are not yet planted due to an incredibly wet spring.

At least some of the river crossings at the Mississippi are opening up after flooding closed them.

Mark
KA9SZX

--
Mark Garrett