--
Dr. L. Paul Verhage
Near Space Evangelist

Bruce Coates

Hi Paul

You had me all worked up for a minute thinking you had flown a 360 degree camera.

Very interesting though.

73, Bruce - VE5BNC

On 2018-08-15 10:30 AM, L. Paul Verhage KD4STH wrote:
I posted a short 360 video I recorded of the balloon launches at the Nebraska Star Party.

I shared a balloon with NSTAR and the second balloon was launched by the Nebraska Space Grant.

The video is located at, https://youtu.be/--p-FAzLLmo

--
Dr. L. Paul Verhage
Near Space Evangelist

Jim Reed

We flew a couple 360s a couple years ago. Cool footage.

I enjoy reading the conversations you folks have. You are a knowledgeable group. We just know how to do it. 😀

Jim

On 2018-08-15 10:30 AM, L. Paul Verhage KD4STH wrote:
I posted a short 360 video I recorded of the balloon launches at the Nebraska Star Party.

I shared a balloon with NSTAR and the second balloon was launched by the Nebraska Space Grant.

The video is located at, https://youtu.be/--p-FAzLLmo

--
Dr. L. Paul Verhage
Near Space Evangelist

L. Paul Verhage KD4STH

I will fly one soon, but it may be a huge file when done.

On 2018-08-15 10:30 AM, L. Paul Verhage KD4STH wrote:
I posted a short 360 video I recorded of the balloon launches at the Nebraska Star Party.

I shared a balloon with NSTAR and the second balloon was launched by the Nebraska Space Grant.

The video is located at, https://youtu.be/--p-FAzLLmo

--
Dr. L. Paul Verhage
Near Space Evangelist

Bruce Coates

Great stuff.  I'll be watching.

Weather (and forest fire smoke) permitting we're going to fly SABRE-27 next weekend.  Nothing special.  Just a traditional camera payload.

On 2018-08-15 10:30 AM, L. Paul Verhage KD4STH wrote:
I posted a short 360 video I recorded of the balloon launches at the Nebraska Star Party.

I shared a balloon with NSTAR and the second balloon was launched by the Nebraska Space Grant.

The video is located at, https://youtu.be/--p-FAzLLmo

--
Dr. L. Paul Verhage
Near Space Evangelist

L. Paul Verhage KD4STH

The problem I foresee is having a PC powerful enough to stitch the video in a reasonable amount of time.

On 2018-08-15 10:30 AM, L. Paul Verhage KD4STH wrote:
I posted a short 360 video I recorded of the balloon launches at the Nebraska Star Party.

I shared a balloon with NSTAR and the second balloon was launched by the Nebraska Space Grant.

The video is located at, https://youtu.be/--p-FAzLLmo

--
Dr. L. Paul Verhage
Near Space Evangelist

David Stillman KI6YMZ

I flew a GoPro Fusion on Saturday and have about 150GB of footage... it certainly is a lot to process :) I'll see if I can cut it down and get something online soon.

On 2018-08-15 10:30 AM, L. Paul Verhage KD4STH wrote:
I posted a short 360 video I recorded of the balloon launches at the Nebraska Star Party.

I shared a balloon with NSTAR and the second balloon was launched by the Nebraska Space Grant.

The video is located at, https://youtu.be/--p-FAzLLmo

--

Dr. L. Paul Verhage
Near Space Evangelist

dampguy

I flew one 3 years ago. A picture is posted here somewhere :D

David Stillman KI6YMZ

Phew, editing 360 video sure does take time!

I ran the video files through the GoPro software to stabilize it using the IMU data, and that took about 60 hours and resulted in a single file that is half a terabyte. I cut it down a bit and put it on YouTube, they have a nice 360 player and support most VR systems. I'd not recommend watching the burst and landing in a headset if you get seasick!

I tagged the launch, burst, and landing in the description if you're just after the juicy bits, and edited in a bit of time in between to get a sense at various altitudes on the way up and down.

I can upload the full flight if there is any interest.

Thanks EOSS for a great launch and recovery! We were fortunate to be a quarter mile from the landing location and watch the payload land. If you look close you can see our line of cars on the road nearest the landing location.

73,

David Stillman
KI6YMZ

On Sun, Aug 19, 2018, at 16:36, dampguy wrote:
I flew one 3 years ago. A picture is posted here somewhere :D

Bruce Coates

WOW

I can't wait to get home and try my vr goggles.

Thanks for posting this

73, Bruce