Topics

SMA/SMA Cable Assembly Recommendations

Chief Surfer

Greetings!

I'm looking for recommendations on cable assemblies terminated in an SMA connector at each end.  I'd like to spend a little for a bench cable (for experiments), and a little more for flight quality.  Thoughts?

Thanks!
Joe

Zack Clobes W0ZC

I use Digikey for my cables.  Not cheap, but I've never had any questionable quality either.

On Mon, Jan 29, 2018 at 7:13 PM, satellitesurfer@... [GPSL] <GPSL-noreply@...> wrote:

Greetings!

I'm looking for recommendations on cable assemblies terminated in an SMA connector at each end.  I'd like to spend a little for a bench cable (for experiments), and a little more for flight quality.  Thoughts?

Thanks!
Joe

Leo Bodnar <leo@...>

Joe,

1GHz SMA cable is different from 10GHz SMA cable and metrology-grade cable is different from something you can cancel-out during measurements - you need to specify what you are trying to do.

Industry standard is HUBER+SUHNER but if you want something on a budget look at Radiall https://www.digikey.com/products/en/cable-assemblies/coaxial-cables-rf/456?k=radiall

Cheers
Leo