Topics

Kansas repeaters

Larry Cerney <lcerney@...>

Hello all;

I've put together a list of the repeaters along I-70 West of Manhattan, KS.
I'm getting ready to program in the freqs to flip through on the way out and
back. Thought it might be of some interest to others.

Question to our friends in Kansas, the 2000 ARRL repeater directory shows
the Manhattan MAARS repeater to be 147.250 + and some of the emails have
shown 147.255 +. What is the repeater freq?

Kansas Repeaters
West to East
Goodland 147.030 + WA0GBN Open
Colby 146.820 - W0WOB Open Wide
Colby 444.650 + W0WOB Open
WaKeeney 444.770 + N0FBS Open
Hays 146.790 - N0IGX Open
Hays 147.180 + KB0RZA Open Wide
Hays 443.600 + KD5WY Open Wide 107.2 PL
Russell 147.280 + KB0QGX Open Wide
Russell 444.950 N0KOU Open Wide Input 448.950
Salina 145.430 - N0KSC Open Wide
Salina 146.730 - N0KSC Open Wide
Salina 146.910 - K0KSC Open
Salina 147.030 + W0CY Open Wide
Salina 442.200 + N0KSC Open
Salina 443.900 + W0CY Open
Salina 444.500 + N0SGL Open Wide
Abilene 145.330 - NU0S Open Wide
Junction City 146.880 - N0UZT Open Wide
Junction City 147.300 + W0CWJ Open
Junction City 442.050 + KF0HS Open
Manhattan 145.410 - W0QQQ Open
Manhattan 147.250 + N0TOK Open Wide
Manhattan 444.170 + W0QQQ Open

Thanks...
73....
Larry
K0ANI

"The ideas that have lighted my way, and time after time have given me new
courage to face life cheerfully, have been Kindness, Beauty and Truth."

Albert Einstein

Mark Conner <n9xtn@...>

The MAARS web site and the majority of the Google references show
147.255+ as the repeater frequency.

http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Hills/1173/repeater.html

Don and Paul can give us a coverage report tomorrow.

Thanks for researching the list. On your way east, can you try
out Herington 147.135+ (maybe 88.5 Hz tone)? If you can hit it
from I-70 it should be good for the chase.

- Mark

I've put together a list of the repeaters along I-70 West of
Manhattan, KS.
I'm getting ready to program in the freqs to flip through on
the way out and
back. Thought it might be of some interest to others.

Question to our friends in Kansas, the 2000 ARRL repeater
directory shows
the Manhattan MAARS repeater to be 147.250 + and some of the
emails have
shown 147.255 +. What is the repeater freq?

Don Pfister <ka0jlf@...>

Will do.

Mark Conner wrote:

[...]

Paul, if you check email, I'm on my way. I'll try to monitor this repeater in
Manhattan (147.255+) and call you on it. Knowing you and radio I will expect to
call you on your cell phone. ;-) I should see you at the designated spot around
9 a.m.

73 de Don in route.

Mark, I'll take my new repeater directory and see how the list checks out. I
hope to run mobile APRS.

Don Pfister wrote:

Will do.

--

[Signature File]
Name=Don Pfister KA0JLF

http://habitat.netlab.org
http://www.kc.net/~dpfister - going away not sure when they will pull the plug
http://www.netlab.org/~donp
http://home.earthlink.net/~ka0jlf
http://home.kc.rr.com/cdpfister/
http://www.netlab.org:8888/ Visit the Lab in the Hobby wing. HABITAT being
built...

view stations on the web real time (~3 minute updates):
http://www.findu.com/cgi-bin/find.cgi?KA0JLF Home
http://www.findu.com/cgi-bin/find.cgi?KA0JLF-9 van
http://www.findu.com/cgi-bin/find.cgi?KA0JLF-11 balloon

Don Pfister <ka0jlf@...>

A quick repeater report: the only one that I could hit from the Herington Airport
was the Junction City 146.880 that was with less than 50W mobile, but I did have my
pre-amp on - but I'm not sure I needed it. I was able to hit it without the pre-amp
but I didn't have anyone to talk too. It seemed a bit spotty up and down the hills.

I was not able to bring up the 'Herington' repeater at all. I guess it doesn't
exist anymore. I tried with and without the tone. EIC do you know if the Herington
repeater is no more?

The Manhattan repeater had pretty good coverage from I-70 but dropped out before
Herington. I talked to Mike KD0FW for a long time on it, as I drove between Topeka
and Manhattan. He was at his home in Independence, MO. I think he has a better than
average antenna system. ;-)

That is about it.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,