More GPSL frequency coordination items

Mark Conner <n9xtn@...>

A few questions for some of the groups planning to fly next month.

I define "time-slotting" as the ability to keep your transmissions between X and Y seconds after the minute, using the time reported in the NMEA output from your GPS.

EOSS:  Can your 144.34 payload time-slot its beacons?  What callsigns will you be using?

TVNSP:  I believe you're using the KPC-3+ second serial port to control transmissions for your 144.34 payload - is this correct?  If so, you can therefore time-slot.  Are you planning to fly a backup beacon - if so on what frequency?  What callsigns will be used?

WB8ELK:  Can you time-slot your 144.34 beacons?  If not, does it beacon every X seconds, or is it semi-random?  What call do you plan to use?

KD0FW:  Is it OK to change your simplex repeater to 147.585, or do you have another frequency you'd prefer?

Traveler:  You sent me e-mail earlier that your programming will not time-slot.  Is it every X seconds, or semi-random?  I think as long as it's not too close to 60 seconds for a repeat interval we shouldn't have a problem.

ANSR:  since you're transmitting on 70cm you can set up your telemetry as you wish.

I would like to use a 70cm frequency for chase comms - if we use 2m we'll desense our data reception (though ANSR has the opposite problem).  We'll probably select a convenient "rally point" near the predicted landings for everyone to head towards after they recover their payloads so everyone knows where to go if they lose comm with the rest.  Depending on where we end up going, cell phone coverage ranges fair to none.  I have no problems using the NSTAR simplex repeater (if it flies) as a chase frequency - this will let distant stations listen in on the fun.

Once I get answers back on the above, I'll work out a strawman proposal for the division of clock times and intervals to be used.