Re: NWS Sonde Chase and Recovery

James Ewen VE6SRV

That looks like it might have been the one.

I was busy setting up and launching a balloon when I saw the device. Didn’t get a good look at it.

I could have spent a long time trying to find it as an arduino device.

Thanks!

On Sun, Sep 11, 2022 at 21:30 Mark Jessop <vk5qi@...> wrote:
You are thinking of a TTGO, not an Arduino.

Refer here for information on the firmware that would have been running on it: https://github.com/dl9rdz/rdz_ttgo_sonde

73
Mark VK5QI

On Mon, Sep 12, 2022 at 8:58 AM James Ewen VE6SRV <ve6srv@...> wrote:
That’s what popped up for me when googling, but what I saw was a little arduino unit that fit in the palm of your hand.

It was self contained, from antenna to LCD display.

I’ll have to snoop the net to see if I can find the unit that he was using.

On Sun, Sep 11, 2022 at 10:32 Clif Brown <cliff.brown@...> wrote:
https://www.coaa.co.uk/sondemonitor.htm

It's a trial for 21 days, after which they want payment.

Using it in trial mode worked well.

--
James
VE6SRV