BASE 115

BASE_DePauw

BASE 115 flew today.  Flight ascents were a little bit faster than predicted.  I am afraid that my students have adopted an overly conservative approach (they have heard about Mike Manes :)) and we gave the balloons a little too much gas.  We did have a nice separation of the tandem balloon, although it was 10 km instead of 15 km.

If you are following the flight on amateur.sondehub.org or aprs.fi, you are aware that the radios are still beaconing happily from the 30 m tree top behind a very nice home in Johnson County, Indiana. The property owner was at home and very agreeable.  Fortunately, he has an arborist and a tree service.  Recovery should be completed next week.

We are out of time, balloons, and gas for our summer flights.

Thanks again for your support,
Howard

--
Howard L. Brooks