BASE 114 and 115

BASE_DePauw

We will be wrapping up our summer flights on the next two days.

Friday, July 29 at 8:00 AM EDT (1200UTC) we will do a test flight on the reprogrammed balloon cutdown device.  The intention is to cut the balloon off at 15 km (50 kft).  The 350 gram balloon will be helium filled and the call signs should be W9YJ-14 and W9YJ-13.

Saturday, July 30 at 8:00 AM EDT (1200 UTC) we will do a flight of the Geiger array with a slow ascent from 15 km until burst.  If the Friday flight is successful we will climb to 15 km at 5 m/s (1000 ft/min) then climb at 2 m/s (400 ft/min( until burst around 30 km (98 kft).  If Friday's cutdown is not successful, then it will be a slow climb from the surface at 2 m/s (400 ft/min)  Call signs on Saturday should be W9YJ-11 and W9YJ-13.

Both launches will be from the roof of the Julian Science and Mathematics Center on the DePauw University campus in Greencastle, Indiana.

Thanks for your support,
Howard

--
Howard L. Brooks