BASE 110 Flight Summary

BASE_DePauw

BASE 110 flight was very close to predictions, except for the burst altitude.  The predicted burst was 27 km (88 kft) and the ascent reached 30 km(100 kft).  Landing was in corn on the Shelby-Johnson County, IN line ,west of Fairland, which was between 1.2 meter and 1.5 meters (4-5 ft tall).  To retrieve the payload, we had to cross the rows for 70 meters(230 ft).

The secondary radio, W9YJ-12 did not operate.  We will be investigating the failure.

The Geiger array did pass through the Pfotzer maximum, although there was some extra noise from one tube.  Time for a wiring recheck.  The Parallax altimeter, pressure, and temperature board drew quite a bit of current.  This problem will need to be corrected before our longer duration flights.

Thanks for your support,
Howard, KC9QBN

--
Howard L. Brooks