Re: BASE 109

Garrett, Mark

What is up with the altitude or should I say the lack of reporting it?

Mark

On Mon, Jun 20, 2022 at 2:45 PM BASE_DePauw <hlbrooks@...> wrote:
BASE DePauw is planning on releasing a 300 gram Helium balloon around 1300 UTC on 21 June (tomorrow).  The flight is a test run for some radios and the cutdown system.  W9YJ-11, W9YJ-15 and W9YJ-16 will be on APRS at 144.39 MHz.  W9YJ-16 will also operate in the WSPR mode on the 20 meter band (14.097 MHz). -11 is our vintage BigRedBee radio.  -15 and -16 are lightAPRS units from QRP labs.  We will also be flying under our first chloroprene balloon.

We will celebrate the arrival of summer with a flight that should never be more that 25 km (15 miles) from the launch site at DePauw.

Howard, KC9QBN

--
Howard L. Brooks
Professor of Physics and Astronomy