4FSK at GPSL

Michael Hojnowski

Gang,

I intend to fly a 4FSK payload on a re-tasked RS41 NWS Weathersonde.  If anyone is interested in setting up a receiving station, or is also planning to do a 4FSK tracker, please do let me know.  We can probably fly / track several simultaneously on the same frequency with some coordination.  I flew one on our flight yesterday, and it was phenomenal.  For the price of a foxhunt to collect one, two fresh AA Ultimate Lithiums, and a few minutes to reprogram it, you can't beat the price/performance!

It can be received with a cheap RTLSDR on a Raspberry Pi.  I had one in my mobile ground station.  The code is here: https://github.com/projecthorus/horusdemodlib

Anyway, if there's any interest, let me know.  It would be fun to fly a few of these.  Oh, I also had it beaconing APRS on 70cm as well, so that's fairly convenient too.

Mike / KD2EAT