Re: W2CXM Balloon Launch: Sunday, May 8, 12:00pm

stan siems

If some pilot see's that bear he is going to think he is seeing things not normal !

On 5/6/2022 3:53 PM, Michael Hojnowski wrote:

High Altitude Balloon Launch and Zoom Meeting

Bear in a
          space suitOn Sunday, May 8, 2022 at 12:00pm the Cornell Amateur Radio club will be doing a High Altitude Balloon launch.  The main payload is expected to climb to about 100,000 feet.  Shortly before apogee, we intend to release “Homerun the Bear” on a small parachute.  Homerun, is a protege of Touchdown the Bear, who completed a similar flight in May of 2019.  Join our zoom meeting to see the launch, chase, and hopeful recovery of both Homerun, and the main payload box (which has lots of cameras).  During the livestream, we’ll be discussing the various components of our payload as well as some of the technology and planning that goes into such a flight.

Schedule for Sunday, May 8, 2022(all times EDT and approximate):

  • 12:00 Coverage Begins
  • 12:15 Launch
  • 13:45 Bear Drop
  • 13:55 Balloon Burst
  • 14:35 Payloads land, recovery coverage begins
  • 15:30 Stream ends after teams gleefully show recovered bear and payload (hopefully!)

The zoom information follows:

Time: May 8, 2022 12:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting

https://cornell.zoom.us/j/98465701095?pwd=QkE1YU91WUFOZ0h6WGtwN2h3eHB0dz09

Meeting ID: 984 6570 1095

Passcode: 256193

One tap mobile

+16468769923,,98465701095# US (New York)

+16465189805,,98465701095# US (New York)

Meeting ID: 984 6570 1095

Find your local number: https://cornell.zoom.us/u/abrZlkmKQt

A few days after the launch,, we will publish a video summarizing the flight on the W2CXM youtube channel at:   https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_bR3oU5WFqyr0DrdO-_a8w

--
Thanks

Stan Siems

CNS INTERNET SERVICES

319-231-3449

The difficult we do right away the impossible just takes a little longer.

Semper FI