Re: Flight Predictor Page?

Jerry

Habhub grabs the data for the entire earth 4 times a day.  That has a 1 degree resolution.  Then they interpolate between time, altitude, long, and lat to come up with the wind at the current balloon time and location.  We have come a long way from grabbing wind at single location.

I go through the calculations they use in my presentation https://www.dropbox.com/s/zh4i2hmftxm2l4l/FlightPredictionSoftwareOverview.pdf?dl=0

Jerry

On Sunday, December 5, 2021, 07:56:29 AM MST, Joe WB9SBD <nss@...> wrote:

I tried that one, it seems to work,
almost seems too simple!

I guess from the launch location, it is smart enough to know what sonde data to grab?

I remember the old days where I had to go and get that data myself and paste it into something he hhe.

Joe WB9SBD

On 12/5/2021 8:25 AM, Garrett, Mark wrote:
I find this on-line prediction to be somewhat reasonable when it comes to Radiosondes.

On Sat, Dec 4, 2021 at 5:44 PM Joe WB9SBD <nss@...> wrote:
What now days is the best flight prediction page calculator now days?

joe WB9SBD

--
Mark Garrett
Tri States Public Radio