Re: APRS

Keith Kaiser, WA0̷TJT

Why don’t you just use YAAC? Add in Direwolf if need be.

Keith, WA0̷TJT
Take a look at: https://net-control.us
Then consider joining: https://groups.io/g/NCM

On Nov 17, 2021, at 5:27 PM, Joe WB9SBD <nss@...> wrote:

I am trying to get an APRS monitor system working. It is one that many recommend and says works great.
It does not need a TNC,

Anyone want to try to see if this works? Install them, and make them work?
try to make these two work together?
This is first to replace the TNC,

http://uz7.ho.ua/packetradio.htm

Then this would be the mapping program to work with.

https://www.pinpointaprs.com/

Anyone?

I am close, I have the soundcard TNC thing working just fine, decodes the packets great.

I also have the mapping program also working great. It even says it is "Connected to the TNC"

BUT,,  the data being displayed by the soundmodem/TNC thing it's data is not getting plotted in the Map.

o the two programs are working, and the map sees the TNC,  but they are not sharing the map data. as seen here
<on.jpg>

I need someone better than I, to get these to work together, and then help me make my setup here do it too.