Re: Very Successful Cornell High Altitude Balloon Launch 10/10/2021

Michael Hojnowski

Hank,

The zoom recording is about 9 hours long.  I fired it up before I left the house at 9am and turned it off when I returned around 6pm. I'll probably edit it down to at least trim it to the launch, flight + recovery.  There were about 10 people on the zoom during the chase.  To be honest, I haven't even had a moment to look at it.  It'll take me a bit.  I don't even know if I have enough disk space to download the entire recording to edit it and make a trimmed version for Youtube.  I'll work on it this week.

That said, the students from the Space Systems Design Studio have a media team that is assembling footage they gathered from the build, launch preps, flight and recovery into some kind of video.  Aside from testing the technical aspects of the payload, the flight was also intended to gather "marketing" type material.  I expect they'll be releasing that at some point in the coming weeks.  I'll share that as well.

Mike

On 10/12/2021 5:48 AM, Hank Riley via groups.io wrote:
Mike,

More to follow, but for now, will the Cornell balloon team be releasing the recording of the Zoom event (it was recorded for GPSL members who aren't aware of that) on youtube soon?

I'm asking about all the Zoom recording where something was happening, not just a few minutes of spectacular highlights which have been already released.  I was not able to watch at the time this event took place because of doing other holiday activities.

Hank