Re: Balloon cutdown device for sale somewhere?

AE5IB (Kip)

I found this with a google search. Looks pretty easy.

https://bovineaerospace.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/cutdown_circuit.png

Wrap the nichrome wire around the string and it will burn through.

Kip

On Sat, Jun 26, 2021 at 4:06 PM Mark Conner N9XTN <mconner1@...> wrote:
Hi all,

I got an indirect request via Twitter DM to see if someone makes for sale a HAB cutdown device.  The group in question is doing a launch in Florida and one of the requirements is that they have a cutdown.  They previously used a commercially-purchased one but need a new one and that manufacturer no longer makes them.  Other than "cutdown" I don't know the requirements (time, altitude, etc).

Anyone know of a commercial maker of a cutdown?  I did some Google searching and came up empty.  Barring that, a hobbyist-built one might be acceptable, so if you have a working one you'd sell or are willing to built one for sale that might work too.

Let me know if you're interested and I can see about arranging more direct contact.