Re: Part 101

Joe WB9SBD

I think I just found it, I knew something wasn't making any sense.

Go to this page

https://www.stratoballooning.org/part-101-rules

Ignore, 1, 2, 3, for now and read #4,

this is all what we are familiar with the 6 pound rule etc. under 6 pounds and 101 really doesn't apply/...

Now go back and read #1
Looks like if the balloon is less than 6 feet in diameter or 115 cuft in volume, this is then just like the under 6 pound rule and 101 does not apply.

am I reading this correctly?

Joe WB9SBD

On 5/16/2021 3:53 PM, Joe wrote:
We have to be missing something.

Like size weight stuff like with the free balloons.

Something to do with the below 500 feet nothing matters or something, because so far the way this is worded it is impossible to do a tethered balloon or a kite.

something we are missing... I have a guy on a net tonight that is a flight school teacher. he has been doing it since the 70's gonna see what he thinks.

Joe WB9SBD

On 5/16/2021 3:48 PM, Garrett, Mark wrote:
Not to mention the cable to connect and the controller at the bottom.

On Sun, May 16, 2021 at 3:43 PM Joe WB9SBD <nss@...> wrote:
he eh eh,
51 pounds..

Joe

On 5/16/2021 3:19 PM, Garrett, Mark wrote:

On Sat, May 15, 2021 at 2:15 PM Joe WB9SBD <nss@...> wrote:
?

Joe WB9SBD

On 5/15/2021 2:13 PM, Hank Riley via groups.io wrote:

That was easy to find, but this is all hot air because Joe, you ain't going to be doing aircraft obstruction lighting at night as is required by the FAA standards.

Now to find the spec's of a L-864 or L-865 lights are.

Mark Garrett
Tri States Public Radio
WIUM Macomb, IL
WIUW Warsaw, IL