Re: This year's meeting.

Bill Brown

I heard back from Brian Tanner.  He has been in a remote area of Michigan for a couple of weeks taking care of his very sick mother with very spotty cell service and hasn't been on email as a result either.  He said he would try to call me in a day or two to discuss the GPSL plans.

From: Bill Brown via groups.io <wb8elk@...>
To: GPSL@groups.io <GPSL@groups.io>
Sent: Fri, Apr 16, 2021 7:17 pm
Subject: Re: [GPSL] This year's meeting.

Hi Mark and All,

  I called Brian and texted him so will let you know when I hear from him.  The COVID nastiness will likely surge again as several states prematurely remove the mask and social distancing mandates.  I can confirm that I have witnessed someone with COVID first hand for the past week and it is very brutal.  They are extremely sick.  I have had my 2nd vaccine shot (Moderna) and so far have no symptoms even with heavy exposure to COVID this past week. The vaccine works!!!

  If we don't hear back from Brian we will have to discuss doing another virtual Zoom meeting this year. I hope he is OK... It isn't like him to be out of touch via email, text or phone for 2 weeks. I'm concerned that this COVID nastiness may still be with us by July.

From: Mark Conner N9XTN <mconner1@...>
Date: 4/15/21 1:43 PM (GMT-06:00)
To: GPSL@groups.io

Spaceport Indiana near Delphi IN was going to host this year.  I emailed our contact about two weeks ago to follow up but have not heard back.  I don't know if I have a phone # to try to get somebody "live" to discuss further.

73 de Mark N9XTN

On Thu, Apr 15, 2021 at 12:39 PM Michael Hojnowski <kd2eat@...> wrote:
Hey Gang,

Has there been any further progress on this decision?  Our area is doing really well with vaccinations.  The county is already 50% vaccinated.   Jules and I will be through vaccination and  the 14 day "burn-in" period by mid-May.    I'm curious how other areas are doing, and how people are feeling about late summer for seeing people... yanno.... *gulp*  in person.

Mike / KD2EAT

On 3/2/2021 7:28 PM, Zack Clobes W0ZC wrote:
There have been some dates thrown around for a July meeting, but nothing confirmed.

Zack

On Tue, Mar 2, 2021, 5:18 PM Jerry via groups.io <jerrygable=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Starting to think about this year's GPSL.  Any thoughts yet on if it will be an in person meeting?  I believe this year was planned for Spaceport Indiana.

With more of us getting the Covid shot in person might be a possibility this year.  June might be a little early but is an Aug/Sept timeframe more doable.

If not in person, any thoughts on an alternative launch?

Jerry Gable
Balloon Flight Prediction tools
http://www.s3research.com