Re: This year's meeting.

Harry M

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/covid-cases-rising-hotspots/2021/04/15/d04ffc8c-9cae-11eb-8005-bffc3a39f6d3_story.html?outputType=amp

-------- Original message --------
From: Mark Conner N9XTN <mconner1@...>
Date: 4/15/21 1:43 PM (GMT-06:00)
To: GPSL@groups.io
Subject: Re: [GPSL] This year's meeting.

Spaceport Indiana near Delphi IN was going to host this year.  I emailed our contact about two weeks ago to follow up but have not heard back.  I don't know if I have a phone # to try to get somebody "live" to discuss further.

73 de Mark N9XTN

On Thu, Apr 15, 2021 at 12:39 PM Michael Hojnowski <kd2eat@...> wrote:
Hey Gang,

Has there been any further progress on this decision?  Our area is doing really well with vaccinations.  The county is already 50% vaccinated.   Jules and I will be through vaccination and  the 14 day "burn-in" period by mid-May.    I'm curious how other areas are doing, and how people are feeling about late summer for seeing people... yanno.... *gulp*  in person.

Mike / KD2EAT

On 3/2/2021 7:28 PM, Zack Clobes W0ZC wrote:
There have been some dates thrown around for a July meeting, but nothing confirmed.

Zack

On Tue, Mar 2, 2021, 5:18 PM Jerry via groups.io <jerrygable=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Starting to think about this year's GPSL.  Any thoughts yet on if it will be an in person meeting?  I believe this year was planned for Spaceport Indiana.

With more of us getting the Covid shot in person might be a possibility this year.  June might be a little early but is an Aug/Sept timeframe more doable.

If not in person, any thoughts on an alternative launch?

Jerry Gable
Balloon Flight Prediction tools
http://www.s3research.com