Re: Balloon fight for grade 6 students

David Stillman KI6YMZ

I've had a servo fail at ~50k feet before - my best guess is the grease in the gearbox froze or something along those lines due to the extreme cold. The servo was operational in testing after recovery.

It might be fun, depending on time, to do a freezer test with the students ahead of launch.

Dave Stillman

On Thu, Mar 11, 2021, at 21:40, James Hannon wrote:
I am using some sub micro servos for a project. 3.7 grams
https://www.pololu.com/product/1053

Jim Hannon

On 3/11/2021 12:39 PM, L. Paul Verhage KD4STH wrote:
Servos are only a few ounces. A PICAXE or BASIC Stamp is easy to program
and has a command specifically for servos.

On Thu, Mar 11, 2021, 11:09 AM Jules Hojnowski <jah1690@outlook.com
<mailto:jah1690@outlook.com>> wrote:

That is a great idea, but would that not make a lot of extra weight?

And i think making servos would be very labour intensive? I have not
seen any ready mady tiny ones to buy. Just a thought.

Jules

--
WB0TXL
WEB Page http://www.ocrslc.net/